Arithdormu's Glimpses into the Past

Post your character stories here. Prefix your topic with [REQUEST] to let an officer know you want this to be officially approved to be part of your character.
Arithdormu
Covenant
Covenant

Arithdormu's Glimpses into the Past

Post#1 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:59 pm

Thanks for checking this out, I decided to try myself at some short stories which will give you literal glimpses into Arithdormu's past. Please leave some critique and similiar, as my writing style may not be very perfect yet.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

<BLIND>

*You enter the empty Bronze Sanctum’s Library. Your steps echo inside of the long and tall hallways of the old, titanic building as you approach the Titanic Device at the end of its corridors. The device buzzes with life and its several runes start to glow. You could now boot up any book for a scenario, but there’s one prominent highlight catching your attention, which reads <Arithdormu: BLIND>. You boot it up and see how a door materializes at the end of the big titanic-made room. Your surroundings begin to shift… *

<The Caverns of Time>

“It can’t be.. How.. just how is this possible?!”

A young Bronze’s voice echoes through the busy Caverns of Time. Whelplings, drakes, dragons and wyrms alike are soaring around inside the giant cave, everyone somewhat confused, helpless or enraged. The reason why it is busy is quickly clear: the death of the Destroyer just occurred. Neltharion, also known as Deathwing, met his end through the hands of brave Heroes and the Dragon Aspects.

The Caverns are not purely busy because of this feat and iconic moment though. It was busy because the Bronze Dragonflight has lost an immense amount of their power with the Destroyer’s End.

“It just… can’t be!”

The voice roars again. Now more clearly, you could make out Arithdormu next to the Hourglass of Time, trying to channel his powers and utilize it to see and shape the Timelines. He struggles, and clearly fails. Just like many others around him, you see that there are many other of his kin failing to cope with this new situation.

The Bronzes lost their powers. But how could it be? Why haven’t they foreseen this moment? They’ve seen the past and future oh so clearly, but they couldn’t foretell the moment they lost their powers about time.

“Why, Why, Why? What will happen to the Timelines? How can we protect what is oh so dear to us if we can’t even change and shift it? The Infinite Dragonflight will be our end, if we can’t reverse this loss!”

Arith cried again.

“It is a tragic loss that has overcome us, young dragon, but we are not going to be helpless. Travelling through time is still possible and we have to rely on it now more than ever to defend the Timelines against the Infinite Dragonflight.”

A heavy voice answered Arithdormu. The voice originates from an elderly looking Wyrm, clearly of higher importance in the Bronze Dragonflight.

“Arithdormu, there are heroes out there that defended Azeroth against the greatest of evils, multiple times. They have proven that they are able to not only defeat the Scourge and its leader, but also our old, dear brother who fell to the Corruption inside the earth. Even my Father’s Shadow and leader of the Infinite Dragonflight has fallen by their hands. We need to ask them for our help now, to help us defend the one thing that is of utmost importance for our all safety.”

“The Mortals? How are they going to help us? They’ve got less power over the Timelines than we do. They’re never going to be able to aid us in our need. We need to save the Timelines, but we can’t if this loss is permanent. Our powers are -useless-!”

Arith roars out with seething anger.

He hated this. First, he thought it was just a state of his adulthood but with an hour passing and every other Dragon complaining about their loss, he knew then that it wasn’t just him. But to no avail, his eyes are failing him. Blind. That is what he has become. What every Bronze has become... They could feel; touch around in the past or in the future. They would be able to grasp for something. But what was it? At which time was it? They couldn’t see, they couldn’t tell.

It was the day, the Bronzes went blind.

*Slowly, your environment shifted again. You were taken back to the titanic room you walked into in the first place. The program shut itself down as it has obviously come to an end, and you turn around to walk through the now opened door again and leave the Library.*

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Last edited by Arithdormu on Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Arithdormu
Covenant
Covenant

Re: [REQUEST] Arithdormu's Glimpses into the Past [Shortstories]

Post#2 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:02 pm

<TIME>

*You enter the empty Bronze Sanctum’s Library. Your steps echo inside of the long and tall hallways of the old, titanic building as you approach the Titanic Device at the end of its corridors. The device buzzes with life and its several runes start to glow. You could now boot up any book for a scenario, but there’s one prominent highlight catching your attention, which reads <Arithdormu: TIME>. You boot it up and see how a door materializes at the end of the big titanic-made room. Your surroundings begin to shift… *

<Atop of the Caverns of Time>

*.. You find yourself on top of the ruins of an elven building. A quick look around quickly tells you that it must be above the Caverns of Time, given the entrance to it down below, the abundant amount of sand and the sea just near it. A younger Arithdormu sits peacefully next to you, right next to him a weary and old looking human traveller.. *

„Oh great Bronze Dragon.. I’ve travelled now far and wide in all my lifetime, I’ve seen places many would love to see but perhaps never get to experience. I learned much on my travels and taught an equal amount. Yet what I never understood, is how the flow of time works. I can tell you why the leaves are falling and the sun is rising, but such a question is one I never found an answer for. Would you be able to help me, wise Bronze so that I may find peace in your answer?”

The old man asks the Arithdormu, his eyes looking up to Arith. The Bronze Dragon just calmly keeps on looking towards the sea, inhaling a soft but salty breeze while a chuckle escapes him.

“Oh, human.., I once asked myself the same. I was clueless, but there was someone explaining it to me, so that I never forgot why there even is time.”

Arith spoke in response, as you see him taking in a deep breath, before breathing it out again. The sun is seen at the horizon, slowly beginning to lower itself so that the two moons of Azeroth and the night can take its place in the firmament in return.

“We cannot pause time, to begin with. It’s not reachable for us, it’s not a thing we can just so carelessly toy around with as many would assume. If it wouldn’t be for time itself, nobody of us would ever be here. There’s a reason why many of us call themselves ‘Timeweaver’. Time is the yarn with which the world is woven. Time is fabricated, and with it, its creations. All the events, be it a crime or the coronation of a king, are made by time. Time is the material with which the universe was made. But time can’t exist without the universe either, as then there’d be nothing to be woven. Now, a Timeline would be a stack of woven yarn – time – and with each occurring event another layer stacks upon it. May it be a different colour or a different fabric but this stacking piece of yarn is now our timeline. But it’s not the only string there is. Infinite amounts of string. Every single one a different fabric, a different colour and even different lengths and sizes.. They all grow and enlengthen parallel to one another and growing in a different pace, but growing nonetheless. It’s what we call Timelines. Whole universes running next to each other in which different events happened and happen. I am speaking to you right now but we are not n here but on the gates of Orgrimmar in a different timeline. Or this chat never even occurs . It is all a coincidence.”

The Bronze Dragon told the old human. Meanwhilst, the sun’s setting was progressing ever so well, creating different shades of orange and red tones which extend themselves above the nightsky and the calm, resting waters. The sea seems to be asleep already, not even the slightest wave is breaking. Last rays of the sun shine and reflect on the mighty Dragon’s body, the always so bronzen scales now shimmering in a strong golden hue.

“Time twists and turns, the strings split apart whilst being woven, only to be brought together again and form a thick, strong bond. We as the Bronze Dragonflight see to it now, that nobody on Azeroth damages our timeline as we are. There are many threats, namely the Infinite Dragonflight that meddles with our time blurring through the strings, to change what has happened and shape Azeroth to their own liking.. But we have to preserve it, so that we keep on existing and that time may go on on its intended way. ..Perhaps, you can see that more clearly now, human.”

*Slowly, your environment shifted again. You were taken back to the titanic room you walked into In the first place. The program shut itself down as it has obviously come to an end, and you turn around to walk through the now opened door again and leave the Library. *

Asherystrasz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: [REQUEST] Arithdormu's Glimpses into the Past [Shortstories]

Post#3 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:44 pm

Approved.
[Alive] Aerenstrasz - Leader of Heartwing
[Alive] Aerdranstrasz - Child of Aeren
[Alive] Azraelstrasz- Second son of Asherystrasz - Not part of Heartwing

[Deceased] Asherystrasz - Retired leader of Heartwing
[Deceased] Hydrastrasz - Former Leader of Heartwing

Return to “Tales of Legends”