Mission: Dalaran Anomaly

Post#1 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:28 pm

Mission Report
Mission: Investigate magical Anomaly in Dalaran
Objectives:
- investigate Magical Anomaly in Dalaran - Succes
- Protect relationship with Dalaran – Inconclusive

Leader: Lieutenant Tarodormu
Partakers: Siyagosa, Garigos, Fenigos, Marthamus, Aridormi, (later) Cerulegos, Tarodormu

* signifies that justification for this decisions can be found on the additional papers in this envelope.

The Heartwing Island fell victim to a magical wave, pushing everything on the island violently towards the east. The Aegis Crystal wielded Orodormu’s and Asherystrasz’ power to protect the island.

Injuries:
Kalistrasza: Broken wrist, healed by Marthamus
Everyone else: Minor injuries

The collection of partakers, from here on referred to as Team Dal, was sent to Dalaran, the origin of the wave, to investigate its nature. Team Dal was also tasked to make sure the relationship between Heartwing and Dalaran would remain unaffected. We left immediately and landed in Crystalsong Forest to continue on the ground, before taking our mortal form as we left the forest we had landed in.

We were teleported to Dalaran at the translocation crystal, and proceeded to make our way to Violet Citadel. Its doors were closed, so I decided to move to the Violet Hold (*1). This had almost worked out badly, until Fenigos talked us out of the situation.

We then proceeded to ask for information inside the sewers of Dalaran. In these sewers, Aridormi lost her “compass”. This compass was in fact an artefact that provides visions of the future. I ordered Marthamus and Aridormi to look for the “Compass”, while the rest of Team Dal continued to gather information.

After paying a bartender, she told us rumours that the Violet Hold had been emptied, all it’s prisoners relocated, so that an experiment could be performed in there. It was also rumoured that the Kirin Tor had stolen an artefact from the Blue Dragonflight. With this information, the entirety of Team Dal left the sewer, finding the “compass” on its way out.

After some discussion, I decided Team Dal would sneak into the Violet Hold using an invisibility spell and a translocation spell to teleport us through the door (*2). This was successful. We found ourselves inside a room containing: 6 mages, two of them seemingly the leaders (one male, one female), the artefact and a Dryad. We eavesdropped onto the conversation of the two mages.

It turned out these mages were working behind the back of the Council of Six. The artefact turned out to be indeed stolen from the Blue Dragonflight. The magical anomaly that had affected the island seemed to have been caused by the experiment done with this artefact. It was claimed that the artefact could be used to create artificial life.

The artefact was soon used again, this time to turn the aforementioned Dryad into a being from which Arcanite could be harvested. I ordered Team Dal to wait it out. Then a Blue Dragon corpse, which appeared to have been hidden with some sort of cloaking spell up until that point, appeared. Fenigos checked to see if the Blue Dragon was still alive, but it was dead. The leaders said they would claim that the Blue Dragon had risked a new Nexus War with a hostile action on Dalaran, as an excuse in case the Council of Six would find the corpse.

It was not much later that Fenigos ignored orders and attacked and killed 1 of the 4 normal mages. As a response, the male leader left the Hold by teleportation, leaving the surviving 3 normal mages and the female leader to stop us. I ordered everyone to take the artefact and the Dryad as evidence, in doing so, killing the 3 normal mages and knocking the female leader out (*3).

The Dryad exploded for unknown reason, so we gathered the pieces of Arcanite it left as evidence. At this time, Cerulegos appeared, telling us that the people and military of Dalaran did not yet know that Team Dal was related Heartwing. On Marthamus’ advise, I ordered everyone to find an alternative way out, while Cerulegos prepared a teleportation spell. There was not alternative exit. We would take the unconscious leader with us, but Garigos killed her before we could leave. Teleportation was blocked inside the Violet Hold, so Team Dal, minus Cerulegos, teleported the moment we left the building.

Injuries:
Everyone: Minor injuries

Back on the island, Team Dal would realize that Cerulegos had been left behind. Fenigos used his powers to conclude that Cerulegos was indeed still in Dalaran, but other magic prevented him from finding out more.

Inside the pouch in which the artefact was magically kept, was a blue disk. This turned out to be a device that creates holographs. It generated a holographical image of Cerulegos who explained that he had purposely stayed behind to prevent the Dalaran mages from tracking Team Dal down back to the Heartwing Island. He said he’d be taken to another prison soon, where, he did not know.

The holographic device should now be in the possession of the Council and can be replayed. As of right now, I do not know if this new “enemy” or the Kirin Tor knows whether or not Team Dal is part of Heartwing.

Signed:
Tarodormu

Taro
Covenant
Covenant

Re: Mission: Dalaran Anomaly

Post#2 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:30 pm

Justification of actions
Mission: Investigate magical Anomaly in Dalaran
Objectives:

- investigate Magical Anomaly in Dalaran - Succes
- Protect relationship with Dalaran – Inconclusive

Leader: Lieutenant Tarodormu

*1: Concerning the decision to approach the Violet Hold

I had a feeling that the anomaly had originated from the Violet Hold. My intention was to approach the guards of the Violet Hold and act like travelling entertainers who needed permission to entertain the people of Dalaran. My hopes were that the guard would, possibly in his annoyance, tell us something along the lines of: “We are guarding the prison of X and do not have time for you, you can find the government of Dalaran in Y.” Alternatively, he might have answered with “There are some issues in the prison, please move along.” This attempt did not work out as I had hoped however and Fenigos talked us out of trouble, telling the guards that we were a tour group that had taken the wrong turn.
My other plan was to reveal that fact that we are dragons to the guards, so that they would lead us to the Council of Six. I assumed that the guards of the Violet Hold would be elite guards that could be entrusted with such information. However, we left before I could enact this plan. The other members of Team Dal also disagreed with this plan, so I did enact it.

This would later be confirmed to be a bad idea, as the ones causing this trouble seemed to be enemies of the Blue Dragonflight.

*2: Concerning the decision to sneak into the Violet Hold

Team Dal discussed its next step. I argued that we should look for some sort of government representative to reveals ourselves to, instead of trying to sneak into the Violet Hold and risking issues between Dalaran and Heartwing. Garigos argued that revealing ourselves would probably lead to Dalaran preventing any further investigation into the matter. He suggested casting an invisibility spell on ourselves to approach the Violet Hold, then using a translocation spell to enter the Hold and eavesdrop from there. I asked how certain he was of the plan and he said he was positive it would work. I eventually agreed, as this could be one of our only ways of investigating the matter further and exposure would not automatically lead to Heartwing being suspect.

*3: Attacking the mages and claiming the artefact and Dyrad

After our cover was blown, I wanted to make sure my companions would leave safely. I also believed that taking the artefact and the corrupted Dryad would prove vital in proving the innocence of Heartwing later down that line.

Looking back onto my decisions, I realize that I should be more mindful of the opinions of my companions, especially when it does not concern combat. This concludes my justifications, if any questions remain, I will gladly answer them.

Signed:

Tarodormu

Return to “Events”