[Matured Dragon] Xanthgos - REDONE

If you are interested in joining the guild this is the topic to post your application. Make sure to have read the rules and the lore of Heartwing before posting.
nigglynogs
Newcomer
Newcomer

[Matured Dragon] Xanthgos - REDONE

Post#1 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:30 pm

"He pinned it down and bellowed . . . "
Dragonflight: Blue Dragonflight
Dragon Name: Xanthgos
Aliases: Xanthas, Blue Whisper, Stray of The Flight,
Adulthood: Matured Dragon
Loyalty(-ies): Malygos (Formerly)- Kalecgos (Actively) - Kirin Tor
View of Heartwing: He feels a calling to be amongst his own kind again. He believes as though he can learn and enhance his skills further, as well as share his own knowledge. He feels a strong connection to Heartwing.
Affiliations: Blue Dragonflight

Attitude/Behaviour: Hes has been known to come off as quiet, cynical, a bit stand-offish and aloof. He blends in with the crowd, making it particularly hard to be found or tracked. Xanthgos isn't afraid of speaking his mind, and is often mistaken to be caustic and unsettling. He is often stuck within his own thoughts, and is known to be a deep thinker. Despite all of this, he is actually quite friendly and outgoing. And even a bit of a flirt.
Key traits: Quiet, Sheepish, Intuitive, Witty, Sarcastic
Respect for authority: Although, at times, he doesn't like being told what to do, he will obey orders/commands at any given time. He believes that respect should be given when respect is shown and despises arrogance. But once one earns his loyalty, he would gladly give his life for others.
Character Personality: Naturally emphatic, yet quiet and reserved. He has a profound love for learning and travelling; maybe even childish excitement. He enjoys solitude at times, but prefers the company of others, feeling lonely at heart. Despite his seemingly blank state, he is known to be quite a sweetheart, affectionate and passionate, for anything. He hates tension and will always tend to incorporate levity into tense situations, but, knows when to silence his tongue. Despite the tragedies that has happened towards his flight, Xanthgos is very forgiving and resilient. He believes that there is no point in having regrets, and to keep looking towards the future. A self-confident man, indeed. However, he has his own insecurities, as well. He doesn't like being ridiculed, and likes to be seen as an importance to a group. This contributes to his loneliness.
IRL-Person Personality: Naturally care-free. My own personality reflects upon my character.. I live my life with no regrets. I don't wish I could change my past, I don't live regretting the bad things that have happened to me. I love change that the future brings. However, I am annoyed easily at times by certain things.. Idiots, arrogance, bullying, etc. But I am a very passionate person.. I love nature, animals, etc.
Hobbies: Alchemy, Herbalism, Reading, Studying,
Future desired position: Unsure
Common spells: Mostly common Arcane and Frost spells
Prestige spells: Frost school is the one he excels most in.
Backstory Summary: Coming to the War of the Ancients, his ancestors along with a few of their children were summoned to the great war. It was there that his ancestors and many of the flight's members perished under the former Earth-Warder's great weapon. Although they had won, his flight had paid heavily. His Ancestor's, heartbroken and heavily injured flew back to their home amongst 'The Isles.' There, they retrieved their clutch and departed from their homeland and into hiding, in fear of misfortune falling upon the rest of them.

Millennia later, a clutch was created by Syngos and his mate From this clutch, Xanthgos was born. Xanthgos was a .. Particularly useless whelp. He was distracted, sensitive, fearful and above all.. Just plain useless. But as time grew on, his abilities began to develop. He proved useful to his flight, toughened by the extreme ways of the patriarch, his father. He was taken under the wing of a particularly powerful Mage within Quel'thalas, Wihald Firewhisper. He spent most of his whelphood under his care and guidance. During what would be known as the Second War, Xanthgos aided the Sin'dorei when the Horde had launched an attack at the border of Quel'thalas. However, he was not present for most of it. He had undergone a series of emotional challenges. It was there he learned the true horror of war. He could not handle witnessing the countless slaughter of lives. After receiving a blow to the chest, he abandoned the war and returned to Coldarra. Seen as weak, he was ridiculed by his brothers and sisters. He grew bitter at this time and isolated himself. He spent his time alone in his thoughts, questioning himself and his own existence. He grew depressed. Lonely. He truly felt weak. He could not understand why.

He spent his time in pure isolation; emotionally and physically.
He used this time to stray away from his flight (Hence the title 'Stray of the Flight) and travel. When He arrived at Northrend, he was met with the terrifying strength of the Scourge. He witnessed the fall and rise of his kin as they were transformed into slaves.

Up until the Nexus War, Xanthgos had gone under the radar. He kept around Dalaran, observing and studying. He had heard news of Malygos' awakening, and made plans to return home. Once word broke out about the Red and Blue flight seemingly at war with each other, Xanthgos returned immediately. He returned with a profound sense of guilt, having realized how long he must have been gone. Enraged by his own weakness, Xanthgos participated in the battle, fighting fiercely. His heart, however, lurched. Brothers and sisters falling at the claws of their fellow kin. It disgusted him. Such violence was beneath him, but, he pushed back these thoughts and aided in the war. He felt extreme pride for his flight. Any doubt he may have possessed had all but vanished. He demonstrated his strength by taking down a notably large Red dragon. He pinned it down and bellowed. It wasn't long before the red flight had engaged Malygos. Xanthgos regained his composure and immediately felt sick from his barbaric behavior. After witnessing the true extent of Malygos' wrongdoing, Xanthgos, along with many others, betrayed Malygos', and felled him.

With the Aspect of Magic gone, this left the Blue Flight without an aspect to lead them. The flight grew lost. With the Black Aspect raining terror upon Azeroth, the time for a new Aspect was needed more than ever.
Arygos and Kalecgos were the favorable choices. However, once Arygos revealed his betrayal, the choice was made clear. Xanthgos, despite everything, appeared to be recovering from his depression period.
He busied himself with research; specifically the magic of the Old Gods. Alas he hit a dead end and decided to move his sights to something more useful, such as the Twilight Flight within the Highlands. His time during the final battles of the Cataclysm was cut short when he was overwhelmed with swarms of Twilight drakes and gravely injured. He was returned by his kin and his wounds were tended to. He had redeemed himself.

Like most of his dragon kin, he, too, felt the loss of power. This did not stop him from performing duties needed by his flight (which soon disbanded). However, once they disbanded, he once again flew under the radar. His whereabouts are unknown. To this day he continues to study and travel.
First time at dragon roleplay? Somewhat have experience
(IC) Reason to join: The time for aide has never felt greater to Xanthgos. He feels restless, a great passion stirs in his heart. He feels the calling to his brothers and sisters.
(OOC) Reason to join: To improve my skills and experience here. I'd love to learn more and have a good time. If theres any changes I can make to my character that would better fit the roles, then I'd be happy to do so.
Are you aware of the guild rules, the content of the Tome of Ancient Times forum and the lore of your dragonflight?: Yes
Have you understood current timeline of Heartwing?: Yes
Do you fully understand the lore of your dragonflight, and other essential lore information: Yes
Last edited by nigglynogs on Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:39 am, edited 3 times in total.

Asherystrasz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: [Matured Dragon] Xanthgos - REDONE

Post#2 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:39 am

First character needs to be under the age of 500

There are some rules here that your application is in conflict of.
application.php
[Alive] Aerenstrasz - Leader of Heartwing
[Alive] Aerdranstrasz - Child of Aeren
[Alive] Azraelstrasz- Second son of Asherystrasz - Not part of Heartwing

[Deceased] Asherystrasz - Retired leader of Heartwing
[Deceased] Hydrastrasz - Former Leader of Heartwing

nigglynogs
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post#3 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:33 am

Ah, I shall fix that right away then.

nigglynogs
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post#4 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:02 pm

Soo... would it be accepted, then? :3

Asherystrasz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#5 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:58 pm

Please be patient, we will get to it when we get to it :)
[Alive] Aerenstrasz - Leader of Heartwing
[Alive] Aerdranstrasz - Child of Aeren
[Alive] Azraelstrasz- Second son of Asherystrasz - Not part of Heartwing

[Deceased] Asherystrasz - Retired leader of Heartwing
[Deceased] Hydrastrasz - Former Leader of Heartwing

nigglynogs
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post#6 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:34 am

For personal reasons, I have decided to withdraw this application and do not seek acceptance nor denial of it. Thank you for any consideration, though.

Return to “Applications”