[Matured Dragon] Zerygos

If you are interested in joining the guild this is the topic to post your application. Make sure to have read the rules and the lore of Heartwing before posting.
Kardan020
Newcomer
Newcomer

[Matured Dragon] Zerygos

Post#1 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:44 am

Dragonflight: Blue Dragonflight
Dragon Name: Zerygos
Aliases: Zelnas
Adulthood: Matured Dragon
Loyalty(-ies): Heartwing(once joined ICly, of course) Kalecgos, Kirin Tor, Wyrmrest Accord
View of Heartwing: "Protecting the peoples of Azeroth after the Wyrmrest Accord's demise is a noble aspiration, to be sure. And, of course, fighting the legion again is...An interesting opportunity. Besides, we must take vengeance for the fallen aspect Ysera, yes?"
Affiliations: Dragon Aspects, Silvermoon City (as Zelnas), (potentially) Heartwing, Armies of Legionfall

Attitude/Behaviour: Zerygos has a somewhat positive outlook on life, and his actions reflect it. He'll help mortals and dragons alike if possible, although most of his time is spent studying, or practicing spells.
Key traits: Studious, Inquisitive, Friendly.
Respect for authority: Zerygos has the utmost respect for authority, and will follow any orders given to him, assuming they're well intentioned.
Character Personality: Zerygos is, in many ways, a typical blue dragon. Curious and studious, yet also knowledgeable in many ways. Like all Blues, his magical skill is innate and prodigious, not any more than others of his kind. He has taken a few forms in his relatively short life, for a dragon anyways, including a dwarf, a human, and most recently, a blood elf by the name of Zelnas Moonforge. Masquerading as a Spellbreaker comes somewhat naturally to the dragon, although the typical arrogance of the elves conflicts sometimes with his friendly nature. Towards demons or other hostiles, however, one shouldn't forget he is still a Dragon, and will fight tooth and nail to defend himself and his allies.
IRL-Person Personality: I'm usually quiet and honestly a bit reserved RP-Wise and OOC wise at first, but as I grow comfortable with people I tend to talk around and joke a bit more. I try to be somewhat friendly with people, although my sense of humor is mostly comprised of shitty memes and jokes. I love the lore of Warcraft and most fantasy universes in general.
Hobbies: Reading, A good game of Hearthstone, Writing
Future desired position: "I don't really have much in the way of ambitions. I'm joining to fight the legion with my brothers and sisters, that is all. Of course, I wouldn't mind being able to learn more of magic..."
Common spells: Most Arcane Spells (Arcane Blast, Arcane Missiles, etc), Frostbolt and Summon Water Elemental
Prestige spells: N/A
Backstory Summary: Zerygos was among those born in a simple clutch of blue dragon eggs approximately 310 years before the opening of the dark portal. Those were somewhat simpler times for the Dragons, of course there were still problems - there always was, but a hint of peace was present throughout the Dragonflight. Zerygos quickly took to magic, becoming skilled at sensing the ebb and flow of ley lines, and manipulating it, bending it to his will.

When the orcs came, Zerygos watched with apprehension and interest. This was an entirely new species - from an entirely new world, nonetheless. He was no fool, however, and he kept his distance, even as Stormwind crumbled. Shortly after the second war, Zerygos took on the appearance of a human man, Alaric, and investigated the orc interment camps. What he saw fascinated him, taking many notes on the biology, culture, and language of the orcs. The disguise was quickly abandoned, however, due to being discovered by the humans.

Zerygos was largely uninvolved in the third war, although the sacking of Silvermoon and the destruction of Lordaeron disturbed him. Nontheless, he remained with the other Blues.

Come the Nexus war, Zerygos sided with Kalecgos and the Wyrmrest accord. He had grown to somewhat respect mortals and wouldn't tolerate destroying them. He mainly helped the forces of Wyrmrest with scrying and intelligence.

With the newest Legion invasion, Zerygos searched for a new home and new compatriots. They had to be stopped, and besides, he was looking forward to spending time with fellow dragons. The time finally came when he was contacted by members of the organization 'Heartwing' and he gladly accepted their invitations.
First time at dragon roleplay? I have some experience, having played a few dragon characters in the past.
(IC) Reason to join: Zerygos wants to help in the fight against the Legion, mainly, although enemies such as the old gods and infinite flight have earned his ire as well. He also seeks friendship and camaraderie, having not had much since the fall of Malygos.
(OOC) Reason to join: Dragon RP is neato, and I'd like to get back into it. I know this is a short response, but this seems like a active, fun RP guild that I'd love to join.
Are you aware of the guild rules, the content of the Tome of Ancient Times forum and the lore of your dragonflight?: Indeed
Have you understood current timeline of Heartwing?: Yes
Do you fully understand the lore of your dragonflight, and other essential lore information: Yup.

Asherystrasz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: [Matured Dragon] Zerygos

Post#2 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:41 pm

You will receive shortly an reply from our Head Officer, Hestia. :)

Thanks for your time in applying to Heartwing.
[Alive] Aerenstrasz - Leader of Heartwing
[Alive] Aerdranstrasz - Child of Aeren
[Alive] Azraelstrasz- Second son of Asherystrasz - Not part of Heartwing

[Deceased] Asherystrasz - Retired leader of Heartwing
[Deceased] Hydrastrasz - Former Leader of Heartwing

Kardan020
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post#3 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:33 pm

Asherystrasz wrote:You will receive shortly an reply from our Head Officer, Hestia. :)

Thanks for your time in applying to Heartwing.

Alright, thank you!

Hestia
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Post#4 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:30 am

Hello, I'm Hestia and I've been assigned to review your application! As usual, comments are color coded: Yellow comments indicate something needs more explanation, Red comments indicate something absolutely needs to be changed, and Green comments are positive.

Affiliations: Dragon Aspects, Silvermoon City (as Zelnas), (potentially) Heartwing, Armies of Legionfall

We're still early in 7.0, so the Armies of Legionfall aren't active yet. Also, Ysera isn't dead quite yet in our storyline.

Come the Nexus war, Zerygos sided with Kalecgos and the Wyrmrest accord. He had grown to somewhat respect mortals and wouldn't tolerate destroying them. He mainly helped the forces of Wyrmrest with scrying and intelligence.

With the newest Legion invasion, Zerygos searched for a new home and new compatriots. They had to be stopped, and besides, he was looking forward to spending time with fellow dragons. The time finally came when he was contacted by members of the organization 'Heartwing' and he gladly accepted their invitations.

The only thing is that I wish there was a little more between this about what he did during the Cataclysm and post-Cataclysm, if anything.

Also, I want to ask about the model you're using. Are you using the blood elven guard model or are you just using that as a placeholder in your application?

-

In conclusion, while I think the application could use more in a couple of areas, I don't feel as if there's grounds to warrant putting it on pending. The English is proper, the writing is fine, and the lore is correct. I think it's interesting that he took such a great interest in the orcs, but seems to have been hands-off and scientific in his approach. It just seems very fitting for a dragon character. Though I do have to wonder what caused him to be found out. So with that, I have decided to accept your application. Please send a PM to Taka#5075, Jes#0507, or Varlamus#2180 on Discord for an invite to the guild!

Thank you for taking the time to apply!
Characters:
Araligos of the Blue Dragonflight
Hestiastrasza of the Red Dragonflight
ImageImage

Return to “Applications”