[Matured Dragon] Iloragosa

If you are interested in joining the guild this is the topic to post your application. Make sure to have read the rules and the lore of Heartwing before posting.
Ayyylura
Newcomer
Newcomer

[Matured Dragon] Iloragosa

Post#1 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:25 am

Dragonflight: Blue Dragonflight
Dragon Name: Iloragosa
Aliases: Ilora Spellwhisper
Adulthood: Matured Dragon
Loyalty(-ies): Wyrmrest Accord (former), Kalecgos, Blue Dragonflight remnants, Heartwing (once accepted)
View of Heartwing: To Ilora, Heartwing represents a noble gathering of dragons trying to use their talents to keep Azeroth safe, and what could be better than protecting the world they inhabit? She holds high respect for what they are doing and admires their tenacity for doing what needs to be done.
Affiliations: Aspects, Kirin Tor, Heartwing (once accepted)

Attitude/Behaviour: Ilora is reserved and shy, preferring books over people. She will not turn away a cry for help, though. She sees everything as an opportunity to learn and grow, making her rather open to trying new things. She's got a positive outlook on life that can hardly ever be dulled by the negativities of her past.
Key traits: Curious, Quiet, Warm, Introverted
Respect for authority: Ilora believes strongly in not rocking the boat, leading her to have a high respect for authority. She will not question orders given to her unless it leads to harm of an innocent party.
Character Personality: Ilora is sweet and curious but very quiet. She will willing listen to someone for hours, barely speaking herself. She hates speaking in front of large groups but if it is a topic she is well versed in or passionate about, she manages. She treats everyone with the utmost respect and tries to be friendly and polite with everyone she meets. But she will not go out of her way to talk to someone if she feels it is unnecessary.
IRL-Person Personality: I'm actually somewhat shy when I find a new group to join but when I get more comfortable with people I open up rather quickly. My sense of humor is kind of dry honestly but I love bad puns/jokes, memes, or really anything that is sarcastically funny. I care a lot about other people's well-being and I always try to lend a hand when needed or wanted. I like to think I'm pretty nice and funny and helpful overall.
Hobbies: Reading, Writing, Napping
Future desired position: Ilora has very few ambitions other than to expand her personal library at any opportunity.
Common spells: Many Arcane spells, a handful of Frost spells.
Prestige spells: N/A
Backstory Summary: Birth - The First War: Iloragosa was always a shy young whelping, and into her drake years she preferred time studying and reading. Of course she had a handful of fellow blue dragons she found friendship with, but she always found the company of books to be more calming. When she got to observe the mortals of Azeroth she found that she liked the magic wielders the most, as would be expected of a blue dragon. When the Dark Portal opened she was nothing less than horrified and awed at the amount of destruction wrought the world she thought to be peaceful and calm. Up until the First War she devoted time to collecting tomes, books, journals, and scrolls. She began to investigate further the relations of mortals, specifically high elves, under the name Ilora Spellwhisper.

The Fall of Stormwind: While she was heartbroken to hear of the mortals plight, she was determined to stay somewhat distanced from them so that she could continue her observations in peace.

The Second War: While most of this war left Ilora disinterested, she was intrigued by the destruction of the portal. She disguised herself once more as Ilora Spellwhisper and went around writing down memoirs of different (and usually compliant) orcs. These are kept in her own collection of handwritten journals.

The Destruction of Draenor: She stays rather neutral towards mortals during this time, returning to her flight and going back to her ordinary lifestyle, keeping up with her ever growing library.

The Third War: Ilora feels uncertainty when she learns of the Sunwell's corruption, a strong source of magic that she found very interesting, but never finds the courage or time to leave her home to investigate with the new plague ravaging Azeroth.

The Battle of Mount Hyjal: Ilora felt strongly for the night elves losing their immortality, she could not imagine what it would feel like to know the cool embrace of mortality. She devoted a large amount of her time to researching the history of the night elves and Nordrassil, and even experimenting with a night elven form. This form she never used.

The Burning Crusade- Ilora was surprised to hear that the Dark Portal was yet again active, and set off as quickly as she could to investigate it. In her curiosity she ended up following the high elves into Outland, studying and recording her interactions, thoughts, and major events that happened.

The Warth of the Lich King/The Nexus War: The threat nearby the Wyrmrest Shrine lead Ilora to return to Azeroth. She was extremely torn between following Malygos, her ultimate authority, or following Kalecgos, the one who stood for protecting the innocent. In the end, she sided with Kalecgos, though not with much grieving for her fallen comrades.

The Cataclysm: Ilora's library seems to lack any information on the years right before and after Deathwing shook the world. This was a dark time for her, as she feared for her friends and fellow dragons. This was the most active she had been in war efforts before, lending her skills as a mage to the fight. After losing her mortality she holed herself up in her home for many years, rarely seeing any visitors. She refuses to talk about this time for some reason.

The Invasion of Pandaria - Present: Ilora gradually ventured out of her home after many years, hearing about a new land discovered. Once tensions began to die down, she went and explored the land they called Pandaria. She was most infatuated with the elementals and pandaren mages, having written many journals on her friends and adventures in the beautiful land. WIth the new Legion threat, Ilora has steeled herself, ready once again to fight for her home. Her past has mad eher afraid but she is ready to fight - and die - to protect and save her world.
First time at dragon roleplay? I have very limited experience, but some nonetheless.
(IC) Reason to join: Ilora feels it's time she put her skills to use to protect her home from the Legion. With the absence of the Wyrmrest Accord, she had very few options outside of fighting as a lone renegade. She knows that she is much more useful in a group, and is much safer in one as well. Finding out about Heartwing made her hopeful that she can finally make a contribution to the safety of the world.
(OOC) Reason to join: I first heard about this through my friend (Zerygos) and it seems like a really fun and nice group. Also, dragons are super cool and I love playing them so much. Who wouldn't want to be a dragon?
Are you aware of the guild rules, the content of the Tome of Ancient Times forum and the lore of your dragonflight?: Yes
Have you understood current timeline of Heartwing?: Yes
Do you fully understand the lore of your dragonflight, and other essential lore information: Yes

Asherystrasz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: [Matured Dragon] Iloragosa

Post#2 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:46 pm

Hello Iloragosa,

I am Asherystrasz, guild leader of Heartwing and I've personally assigned myself to review your application.

This is an exceptional great application. You have managed to flesh out a believable personality and still show a knowledge for the lore that is relevant throughout her life.

Without further say. Your application has been accepted. Contact our administration on Discord for an invite. (Varlamus#2180, Jes#0507, or Taka#5075)

~ Asherystrasz
Guild Leader of Heartwing.
[Alive] Aerenstrasz - Leader of Heartwing
[Alive] Aerdranstrasz - Child of Aeren
[Alive] Azraelstrasz- Second son of Asherystrasz - Not part of Heartwing

[Deceased] Asherystrasz - Retired leader of Heartwing
[Deceased] Hydrastrasz - Former Leader of Heartwing

Return to “Applications”