[Matured Dragon] Miaku

If you are interested in joining the guild this is the topic to post your application. Make sure to have read the rules and the lore of Heartwing before posting.
Meraku
Newcomer
Newcomer

[Matured Dragon] Miaku

Post#1 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:47 pm

References: https://imgur.com/a/3uYPe

Dragonflight: Netherwing Dragonflight
Dragon Name: Miaku
Aliases: Mimi, Melody, Mia, Mirah
Adulthood: Matured Dragon
Loyalty(-ies): Shattrath, Dalaran
View of Heartwing: Miaku sees Heartwing's existence as an oportunity for protection and companionship. There's strength in numbers. With the Legion's return, the world has become a very unsafe place for loners.

Besides. It would always be nice to be around other Dragons.

Affiliations: The Scryers, Kirin Tor, The Draenei Race as a Whole

Attitude/Behaviour: Miaku carries herself with a worn, somber air. Despite the rarity of her smile, the Netherwing is fiercely loyal to her allies. Friends are a valuable commodity.
Key traits: Dextrous, Stubborn, Loyal,
Respect for authority: Miaku doesn't much appreciate aggressive tyrants in the same vein as Fel Orcs. Otherwise, her respect and loyalty can be assumed to be absolute.
Character Personality: As a Netherwing, Miaku's personality is bound to be fairly erratic. At times she'll be a somber mess. At other times, Miaku is more than happy to practice her magical affinity or have a drink at a Tavern. She is primarily a reserved, calm character.
IRL-Person Personality: I'm a goofy individual with a love for fine details. I love to picture a thousand scenarios for characters, dumping a great deal of time into making each feel just a bit more alive. Though! You bunch know me quite a bit at this point <3
Hobbies: Rock Collecting, Stargazing, Hunting, Sparring.
Future desired position: A Covenant Member of Heartwing, assuming she lives long enough for such a thing.
Common spells: Dispelling:
Removing an existing Magical effect. Whether it's beneficial to the enemy or detrimental to an ally. It has few other uses.
Counterspell:
Reverses the effect of or eliminates the effect of a spell cast by another being. A popular example in DnD is preventing a boss from teleporting away by preventing their spell from coming to completion.
Prestige spells/abilities: Conjuration:
She uses Conjuration to form her prosthetic arm for as long as she can hold at least a portion of her concentration onto keeping the spellwork in place. Give her a problem she has to divert all of her focus to to solve quickly and her arm vanishes.
Swordsmanship:
To her, this is a prestige ability. She had to learn how to do this well and she had to learn how to do it very quickly for her own survival. With that said, she is not the best swordsman around.
Backstory Summary: Miaku hatched during the Burning Crusade into the waiting hands of the Dragonmaw Fel Orcs residing within Netherwing Ledge. Her rider-to-be started the process of breaking her will just moments after the last of her egg's shell fell from her scales. Such treatment had the intended effect, though to this day, the sight of any sort of Orc brings that whelphood of pain rushing back into her mind. She despises Orcs of all Shapes and Colors.
The moment she grew to be large enough, Miaku was forced to function as a mount for the Dragonmaw and their Masters beneath Illidan Stormrage. Were it not for her inevitable salvation from captivity, Miaku might have met her death at the hands of some adventurer or to that of an overly aggressive Fel Orc. Her savior was a kind, simple, Draenei Arcanist.
Miaku fondly remembers her time with the Arcanist. Weeks and weeks of gentle care slowly repressed the madness brought on by the Orcs' harsh Treatment . The Draenei gifted Miaku a silvery, enchanted ring for the sake of easing their mutual attempts at conversation. The ring itself allows its wearer to understand and speak the most common languages around Outland at that time. Common, Orcish and Draenei in particular.
Unfortunately, the constant state of happiness had to come to an end eventually. Miaku and the Arcanist journeyed into the Blade's Edge Mountains on an errand to earn a bit of coin. A Doomguard Ambushed the both of them, slaying the Arcanist outright whilst shoving Miaku off the side of one of the many cliffs surrounding the floating mountain range.
Miaku's right arm suffered multiple punctures from some of the thousands of large spikes within the region. Once again, mortals saved her life. Though, this time it cost her a limb.
The Netherwing played little to no part in the remaining conflicts within Outland or to those beyond the Dark Portal, choosing instead to spend all of her days studying to replace her lost arm.
Upon achieving moderate success in fabricating a clumsy metallic limb in a reliable fashion, she journeyed to Azeroth. By this time, Outland left a sour taste in her mouth. The death of her friend was a tragic one.
Miaku saw some military action under the Alliance within Pandaria. Her interest in Heartwing emerged shortly following 'Warlords of Draenor''s storyline.
First time at dragon roleplay? I have mountains of experience.
(IC) Reason to join: Word of mouth has presented Heartwing in a number of conflicting lights. On one side, most people blamed Heartwing for a number of horrid disturbances in the aftermath of the Cataclysm. On the other, Heartwing was meant to be a sanctuary for Dragons willing to protect Azeroth and beat back the Legion. The final decision came as a result of being hunted by a band of Demons who most certainly wanted to drain away her magics.

It is her hope that Heartwing will indeed be such a sanctuary the moment she arrives.
(OOC) Reason to join: I love roleplaying with you guys too much to leave!
Are you aware of the guild rules, the content of the Tome of Ancient Times forum and the lore of your dragonflight?: Vividly!
Have you understood current timeline of Heartwing?: Yes
Do you fully understand the lore of your dragonflight, and other essential lore information: Yes
Last edited by Meraku on Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elysigosa-Blue-Active
Miaku-Netherwing-Active
Maveridormi - Bronze - Deceased
Zurigosa - Blue - Deceased
Meraku - Netherwing - Deceased
Selenistrasza - Red - Deceased
Veristrasza - Felbrood - Active

Hestia
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Re: [Matured Dragon] Miaku

Post#2 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:22 am

Hi Sarah, you know me and know how this works, so I'm not going to bother with most of the introductory stuff.

Accepted.

However, there might an issue with the lack of description on the prestige spells and common spells. I would rather you include a list of what kind of spells she uses and description of how you think they would work in RP. Before I can let you RP this character in events, can you submit that to the officer team for a check-over?
Characters:
Araligos of the Blue Dragonflight
Hestiastrasza of the Red Dragonflight
ImageImage

Return to “Applications”