[Drake] Arogos

If you are interested in joining the guild this is the topic to post your application. Make sure to have read the rules and the lore of Heartwing before posting.
Arogos
Newcomer
Newcomer

[Drake] Arogos

Post#1 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:41 am

Dragonflight: Blue Dragonflight
Dragon Name: Arogos
Aliases: Arodan Frostmantle, Arothil
Adulthood: Drake
Loyalty(-ies): His brother, Kalecgos, the people of Stormwind.
View of Heartwing: At first Arogos views Heartwing as a potential saviour for his brother, as he hasn't heard much about them. He does however, share most of their ideals, and would probably quickly find himself wanting to join their cause.
Affiliations: Blue Dragonflight (Former), Scorched Hand Cult (Former, Involuntary), Stormwind
<br />
Attitude/Behaviour: Arogos behaves much like his alter ego Arodan Frostmantle. Having spent extensive periods of time recruiting cultists as a sweet old man has caused the dragon to become extensively friendly towards people, to the extent where many might mistake his behaviour for insincerity. Despite being captured by a mostly human cult, Arogos respects the people of Stormwind and believes most evil is rooted in bad philosophies and poor education.
Key traits: Cheerful, curious and somewhat cautious. Unintentionally manipulative at times.
Respect for authority: Due to Arogos' time as a slave, the dragon rarely submits his loyalty to an authority before he has some assurance that the organization's members' goals are aligned to his own. He will, however, usually act in accordance with any expected behaviour until given a reason not to - or the point where he's actually loyal to the organization in question.
Character Personality: Arogos is a cheerful and talkative dragon who likes to discuss the nature of the universe, culture and history over a cup of tea. He smiles a lot and acts very much like an old man, despite his actual age. Arogos is hopeful for the future, but can be slow to trust. He dislikes unnecessary violence, and wants all of the races of Azeroth to live in peace. Despite being somewhat overconfident in his own abilities Arogos does not share his people's disdain of the (other) mortal races of the world.
IRL-Person Personality: I am a quite meme:y person who takes myself far less seriously than I do my English. To my own dismay, I was born in Sweden and thus scrutinize my own accent internally a bit too much. Once I get comfortable with talking, though I love discussing abstract questions about everything from lore contradictions, the universe, animals and writing.

As a graphic design student I love to receive and give criticism - hopefully without offending anyone. In roleplaying I have a bias for discussion and exploration, and will usually take a discussion or an intrigue over a giant battle any day of the week.
Hobbies: Drinking berry tea, reading and teaching, occasionally at the same time.
Future desired position: Arogos would want a position where he could interact with the "mortal races", as either a teacher, ambassador or mediator - to further his goal of building a greater understanding between dragons and the rest of Azeroth.
Common spells: Pure arcane explosions, bolts and breaths- along with teleportation and some basic frost spells.
Prestige spells: Underhanded blessing - Arogos uses most of his energy to overwhelm a weaker opponent, detonating them from the inside.
Backstory Summary: Arogos hatched as part of one of Erigosa's clutches in the Nexus some time before the Third War. He spent the first years of his life learning, as most other blue dragons and took an interest in his father's studies of the mortal races of Azeroth. When his father vanished into the Blackrock Mountain on an expedition to the Eastern Kingdoms , Arogos continued his research. The drake learned what he could about the Orcs, Elves and Humans from the frozen halls of the Nexus. After hearing of the defeat of Nefarian and Onyxia at the hands of mortals, he carefully started to communicate with the sentient races of Northrend. Arogos learned about the communities of the Kalu'ak, the friendly tribes of the Taunka. Then came the Nexus War.

Confused as to how the mortals who had stood against the Legion and defeated his father's deranged murderer could all be evil, Arogos chose to help his mother with tending to his younger siblings, rather than joining the majority of his siblings in the war. When Malygos eventually fell Arogos had lost most of his clutchmates to what to him had been a foolish battle. When the Blue Dragonflight later chose their new Aspect he was a staunch supporter of Kalecgos.

In the time between Kalecgos' ascension and the Aspects losing their powers Arogos travelled to Dalaran. There he read as much as he could, under the guise of the young Quel'dorei mage Arothil. When his powers started to dwindle Arogos returned to the Nexus, to find an explanation for his strange condition. There he found his mother, along with her last clutch of eggs, mourning the loss of her second mate to the forces of Deathwing.

After the loss of so many she had loved Erigosa turned paranoid. With their flight's powers gone and more dragons leaving the Nexus each day she wanted to ensure the survival of her last clutch. Arogos reluctantly helped his mother scout for a suitable place to keep her eggs. Eventually Erigosa settled on one of the crystalline trees of Crystalsong forest, believing the arcane energies in the area would help her whelplings grow. Together with his younger sister Elligosa, Arogos helped his mother move and defend the eggs, putting up protective wards and illusions to shield them from the outside world.

One day an old mage named Erodan made his way through Crystalsong along with a mercenary he had hired as protection for his self-founded expedition to study the leylines and fauna of Northrend. Erodan's curiosity lead him towards the clutch of Erigosa, provoking Elligosa to attack. The old mage put up protective spells on himself as he begged both his mercenary and the drake to stop fighting. Arogos heard the sounds of the commotion and hurried back to the tree. Outside the illusion he saw his sister breathing frost upon the shield of a large human as an old mage yelled for them to stop. Arogos landed beside his sister just as the mercenary lunged his sword towards her. Erodan and Arogos each cast a spell of their own at the man, killing him just as his sword pierced Elligosa's throat. Eventually Erigosa made her way out of the tree, yelling for the mage to leave.

Arogos eventually followed the mage, fearing for his safety. His footsteps were easy to track in the snow. He quickly caught up to him with the supplies from the fallen mercenary. They set up camp for the night, sharing a meal and some knowledge. When Arogos returned to his mother the wards and illusions were gone. His mother was gone.

Arogos returned to Erodan, not sure what to do. The two paired up, eventually tracking a shadowy aura into Zul'Drak. There, on the snow by some mountains lied his mother, held down by the combined efforts of several warlocks and necromancers. This was the Scorched Hand. The cult was draining her energy, holding her eggs hostage. Erigosa had surrendered to their spells and was getting weaker. Arogos and Erodan knew they stood no chance of defeating them all and decided to try teleport as many eggs as possible to a safe location. They failed. Erodan fell after desperately trying to free Erigosa by interrupting as many of the cultists as he was able. After turning one of the cultists into a sheep, the mage felt his soul leaving his body. Arogos found himself alone by the eggs, as he saw his mother closing her eyes. The drake readied himself for battle, but found himself in chains of fel quickly.

The following months would be the worst in Arogos' life. Most of his time was spent chained or otherwise restrained. In front of him was the decaying corpse of his mother, around him, the cultists were conducting experiments on his unhatched siblings. One of the Cult's leaders, a worgen called Sarco spent a lot of time trying to dominate Arogos. When the whelps hatched, most died. The cultists continued their experiments until one remained - Nerogos. This weak whelp had been a success. Sarco told Arogos that any attack on him would also kill Nerogos, thus forcing Arogos into the service of the cult.

The following years Arogos spent recruiting, exploring and transporting the cultists. He had created a new persona for himself, based on the name and appearance of Erodan. Eventually, Arogos recruited a particularly nice warlock who helped him trick Sarco into performing a ritual that sent him into the distant Twisting Nether. Arogos and Nerogos were free, and Arogos continued to work in Stormwind where his network had lead him to an academy. He worked as a teacher of magic until his brother's conditioned worsened, forcing him to seek aid from his own kind.
First time at dragon roleplay? I have roleplayed this character since WoD.
(IC) Reason to join: Whilst building a relatively comfortable life in Stormwind as the old Professor Arodan Frostmantle, Arogos has worked on finding a way to cleanse his brother of fel and shadow, to no avail. Desperate, Arogos is looking for a way back to his people, where he hopes to find someone with the knowledge required to save his brother. When he finds his way to Heartwing, he'll most likely feel motivated to stay and do what he can to protect the world. He might also see an opportunity to push his own agenda of building a utopia in which dragons and (other) mortals can share cities and knowledge, openly in peace.
(OOC) Reason to join: I happened upon your guild through a Google search of the name "Aerigosa" (now changed to Erigosa), when I was checking my backstory before returning to roleplay on retail. As someone who's been roleplaying a dragon in a somewhat reluctant community it was refreshing to see a guild that was not only about dragons, but actually serious about it. After spending some hours looking for which server you were actually on and finding my way back to RPH, I started working on setting up my character and getting unwritten parts of his backstory clear. (And I realize Arogos is similar to Arygos, but I didn't know who he was when I made this character and have gotten used to the name)
Are you aware of the guild rules, the content of the Tome of Ancient Times forum and the lore of your dragonflight?: Yes.
Have you understood current timeline of Heartwing?: I think so. Might have some questions.
Do you fully understand the lore of your dragonflight, and other essential lore information: Yes.
<br />
Last edited by Arogos on Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

Asherystrasz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: [Drake] Arogos

Post#2 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:10 am

Hello Arogos,

I am Asherystrasz, guild leader of Heartwing and I've personally assigned myself to review your application.

To give a rundown of what each color coding means.
Red means something that is not acceptable and needs to be changed before entering the guild. Yellow is something that needs to be elaborated or is questionable. Green means something we highly approve of and should set an example.

Respect for authority: Due to Arogos' time as a slave, the dragon rarely submits his loyalty to an authority before he has some assurance that the organization's members' goals are aligned to his own. He will, however, usually act in accordance with any expected behaviour until given a reason not to - or the point where he's actually loyal to the organization in question.

Well described and quite unique from what I have seen in my time in reviewing applications.

IRL-Person Personality: I am a quite meme:y person who takes myself far less seriously than I do my English. To my own dismay, I was born in Sweden and thus scrutinize my own accent internally a bit too much. Once I get comfortable with talking, though I love discussing abstract questions about everything from lore contradictions, the universe, animals and writing.

A fellow Scandinavian!

Professor at? Location, field?

Prestige spells: Underhanded blessing - Arogos uses most of his energy to overwhelm a weaker opponent, detonating them from the inside.

This needs some more elaboration. Such as limits more than simply a "weaker" opponent, what constitutes a weaker individual that allows him to be able to do this? How often can he use this spell? How much mana does it take from him?

Backstory Summary: ...

This is an exemplary backstory. You manage to both tell how your character felt about various events throughout history but as well staying true to the integrity of Warcraft lore.

Despite some obvious grammatical errors, it is my pleasure to inform you that your character has been accepted.

Please contact the administration by adding us on Discord at (Goose#3297 (Ofek) or Jes#0001 (me)), this will give you an invite to our Discord and also then coordinate a point in which we can invite you to the guild in-game.

Thank you for your time in applying to Heartwing.

~ Asherystrasz
Guild Leader of Heartwing.
[Alive] Aerenstrasz - Leader of Heartwing
[Alive] Aerdranstrasz - Child of Aeren
[Alive] Azraelstrasz- Second son of Asherystrasz - Not part of Heartwing

[Deceased] Asherystrasz - Retired leader of Heartwing
[Deceased] Hydrastrasz - Former Leader of Heartwing

Return to “Applications”