[Orc] Gor'lug

If you are interested in joining the guild this is the topic to post your application. Make sure to have read the rules and the lore of Heartwing before posting.
0Exn
Newcomer
Newcomer

[Orc] Gor'lug

Post#1 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:09 pm

Name: Gor'lug
Race: Orc
Class: Peon/Elemental Warrior?
Dragonsworn?: N/A
Dragonflight Alignment: None
Physique Type: Muscular
Choice of magic: Fire/Magma
Language(s): Orcish, Common
View of Heartwing: Neutral until a close up look at what it is in general. He will judge Heartwing when he gets a chance to understand who and what's in it , the rules and regulations and what he will have to do to be in it.
Behaviour: Mostly nice towards other people, but even one slip up and someone's on his list for people to kill. He's very vindictive and brutal when it comes to combat.
Character Personality: This is kind of like asking me to describe my own personality. I honestly have no clue. Sometimes he will act a certain way and sometimes he'll act another way. It all depends on who i'm RPing with, where i'm RPing and how i'm feeling IRL.
Character progression goal(s): Not much, honestly. I just want somewhere for him to call "home".
Interest(s): Uh.. building stuff.. chopping lumber and y'know killing the occasional bad guys.
Minor spell(s): Firebolts? very small things like that.
Prestige spell(s): None atm, will have him learn spells over time as he is very VERY new to magic
Character most challenged at: Probably with his new abilities and weapon.
Backstory: Take this as you will, but I don't actually have a backstory for this character besides random bits of stuff I've said out through RP so I'm going to make up something here on the spot.

Gor'lug was abandoned by his parents at a young age due to them not being able to take care of him and not wanting the responsibility of a child. He had no education, no home or income and was forced into the job of a Peon. He worked hours and hours every day to fulfill his task and do his task correctly. He never knew any different from his life until he eventually grew tired of the constant war and battle that went on in Azeroth. He decided to do his own thing and went about the world helping other people who needed someone with his set of skills. His extremely fit and muscular physique gives him a decent advantage over his enemies and makes his job ten times easier than it already is. His life was mostly the same the entire time he's been alive. Waking up, chopping wood, delivering the wood and constructing builds for the Horde. After wandering hours and hours endlessly trying to find somewhere to finally settle down at, he was called on once again. He and a group of adventurers and mercenaries had to fight a giant undead golem. He had equipped his armor and axe and headed into the fight, but during the battle something happened that would change his way of thinking. His axe transformed into a magical-firey-glow-axe thing. (don't know what to call it) and gave him a stronger build and faster reaction timing. The undead creature was killed but the axe still remained and he was confused. He took it to a group of druids and shamans and they had guessed he was blessed by the elements to be a warrior. He took it upon himself to get something to wear besides cloth clothing and went on to find himself a new path. That's where we are today.
(IC) How much does your mortal know about dragons?: None at all, actually.
(OOC) How much does you know about dragon lore?: None.. at all.
(IC) Reason to join He just wants somewhere to call home and find somewhere to settle down. He usually likes building things and helping people out as he is an Orc Peon. He will fight for what he has to when he needs to however. He's decently strong and can take an extreme amount of hits and get up every time.
(OOC) Reason to join I just want somewhere to RP properly without having a bunch of idiots ruin it.
Timezone/Availability I'm 15 and homeschooled, I'm pretty much on my computer the entire day and do nothing else. I'm free to come in any time if someone pings me on discord.
What other roleplay have you done before this character? I've been RPing on WoW since 2012 starting with PTR. I started RPH in 2015 and sometimes quit the game for a bit to come back eventually.
Are you aware of the guild rules, the content of the Tome of Ancient Times forum and the lore of your dragonflight?: Yes
Have you understood current timeline of Heartwing?: Possibly
Do you fully understand the lore of your dragonflight, and other essential lore information: Yes?
Is your real life age over the age of 13?: Yes

OverTune
Newcomer
Newcomer

Re: [Orc] Gor'lug

Post#2 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:45 pm

this is the epitome of a power progression character, good for you
~ Bùi Quốc Huy ~
[Alive] Kuranorius
[Alive] Sathariku
[Alive] Saraedori Dor'zaram

Asherystrasz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: [Orc] Gor'lug

Post#3 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:10 am

Hello Gor'lug,

I am Asherystrasz, guild leader of Heartwing and I've personally assigned myself to review your application.

To give a rundown of what each color coding means.
Red means something that is not acceptable and needs to be changed before entering the guild.
Yellow is something that needs to be elaborated or is questionable.
Green means something we highly approve of and should set an example.

Class: Peon/Elemental Warrior?
Question mark? Either he is or he is not. There is no reason for a peon to work under dragons instead of with the Horde instead as well.

Dragonflight Alignment: None

If he has no alignment towards any dragonflight, then why would he want to be around dragons?

Behaviour: Mostly nice towards other people, but even one slip up and someone's on his list for people to kill. He's very vindictive and brutal when it comes to combat.

These are not the values of Heartwing and would make him an unfit member.

Character Personality: This is kind of like asking me to describe my own personality. I honestly have no clue. Sometimes he will act a certain way and sometimes he'll act another way. It all depends on who i'm RPing with, where i'm RPing and how i'm feeling IRL.

If your roleplay of a character's personality is centered around how you feel in the moment in-real-life, there will be no consistency and it bleeds metagaming into your character. If you have no grasp on how you will roleplay your character or have given thought into it, then it is not a well-thought out character.

Character progression goal(s): Not much, honestly. I just want somewhere for him to call "home".

As I've mentioned to you previously, if you are joining Heartwing for the sake of having just somewhere to roleplay, you will find that it is not the right place for you. You must have interest in Heartwing, dragons and Warcraft lore in general and not just be interested because it simply exists and is a hub of roleplay.

Interest(s): Uh.. building stuff.. chopping lumber and y'know killing the occasional bad guys.

Not elaborate enough and seems like an unserious answer.

Backstory: Take this as you will, but I don't actually have a backstory for this character besides random bits of stuff I've said out through RP so I'm going to make up something here on the spot.

Our requirements of application says to take good time to make a well-thought out character.

but during the battle something happened that would change his way of thinking. His axe transformed into a magical-firey-glow-axe thing. (don't know what to call it) and gave him a stronger build and faster reaction timing. The undead creature was killed but the axe still remained and he was confused. He took it to a group of druids and shamans and they had guessed he was blessed by the elements to be a warrior. He took it upon himself to get something to wear besides cloth clothing and went on to find himself a new path. That's where we are today.

For something to happen without a setup in the story you're presenting, you are presenting a twist for the sake of making a twist that has no grounds or has been established and seems to come out of nowhere.

(IC) How much does your mortal know about dragons?: None at all, actually.

Then why would he seek out dragons?

(OOC) How much does you know about dragon lore?: None.. at all.
(OOC) Reason to join I just want somewhere to RP properly without having a bunch of idiots ruin it.

Joining for the sake of joining is not a good enough reason to join Heartwing.

This application has been denied.

This character joining needs to be made more convincing. A peon joining a dragon faction is not necessarily impossible, but would need a clear motivation as to why. Your backstory is lacking and seems to severely lack any merit. The character needs to be more well-thought out and have crossovers with dragon lore to be part of it to give any reason for a mortal to suddenly be part of dragon community.

Thank you for your time in applying to Heartwing,
- Asherystrasz
[Alive] Aerenstrasz - Leader of Heartwing
[Alive] Aerdranstrasz - Child of Aeren
[Alive] Azraelstrasz- Second son of Asherystrasz - Not part of Heartwing

[Deceased] Asherystrasz - Retired leader of Heartwing
[Deceased] Hydrastrasz - Former Leader of Heartwing

Return to “Applications”