[Matured Dragon] Noraziond

If you are interested in joining the guild this is the topic to post your application. Make sure to have read the rules and the lore of Heartwing before posting.
Meryl
Newcomer
Newcomer

[Matured Dragon] Noraziond

Post#1 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:32 am

Dragonflight: Bronze Dragonflight
Dragon Name: Zaridormu
Aliases: Zarius
Adulthood: Matured Dragon
Loyalty(-ies): The Keepers of Time, the Bronze Dragonflight
View of Heartwing: Nornos sees <Heartwing> as one of the few remaining bastions of flourishing dragon activity and power in the world of Azeroth.
Now that he has been lifted from his duty as a warden of time, he is curious to enjoy more about the present moment and his curiosity has brought him to inquire about their organization.
Affiliations: The Bronze Dragonflight, the Timeless One, the Wyrmrest Accord.

Attitude/Behaviour: Noraziond is introspective and calm. His demeanor is usually kind and welcoming, yet he appears strongly detached and hardly shows any emotions. You may say, he doesn't embrace the moment. When completing everyday tasks, he usually moves slowly (he has "all the time in the world") and looks kind of bored.

Being a bronze dragon which often studies the timeways, Noraziond is a pacific dragon and is not keen of fighting. He usually avoids getting involved in a violent battle unless he deems it necessary. During a battle, Noraziond relies on his enhanced reflexes and magical spells, attacking quickly and from afar rather than engaging with brute physical strenght.

As he has been trained to enter the timeways in mortal form, Noraziond can be very chameleonic when it comes to his feelings, and is able to simulate his feelings very well.
Key traits:
Respect for authority: Noraziond is respectful of authority, but will hardly follow orders blindly and will have indipendent and private thoughts he will listen to for guidance.
Character Personality: [Disclaimer. The character has been made today. Personality may be subject to change as I RP it. This is, for now, a main track.]

Like most bronze dragons, Noraziond is lackaidascal and contemplative.
His capacity to grasp fragments of his future has allowed him to witness the tragedies that will occur, hence he's somewhat stoic and disenchanted about the future.

While his emotions have been blurred by his flight's duty (which does indeed requires an undefatigable stoicism) they are all but forgotten: beneath his cold demeanor beats the heart of an idealist.
Beneath the cold surface Noraziond is deeply empathetic and desires to improve the world. He dislikes all forms of suffering and, while not fermenting for action himself, he doesn't mind being involved with other dragon communities to lend a claw (or two) if they have good intentions.
His duty-bound vigil made him somewhat suspicious of individual's private goals and, if he believes certain actions are to be done for the greater good, he does not hesitate to manipulate or sacrifice anyone or anything (including himself) for the cause. He hardly conceives free time. In his free time he likes to research and give a hand to other races, or contemplate the timeways. The past and the future.

He is not proud or vain. He values moral strenght and virtue and belives in second chances for mortal races, however he doesn't like to take risks with evil or corrupted beings and wants them destroyed from the surface of Azeroth.

IRL-Person Personality: Discover it as we interact together!
Hobbies: Acquiring tokens, sharing intense moments
Future desired position: Member
Common spells: Petrifying Breath, Sand Magic, Arcane Magic, Chronomancy.
Prestige spells: Sands of time (like most bronze, he can wield the sands of time - magical sands that affect time in a limited space).
Backstory Summary: Born as a whelp in the Caverns of Time, much was to be expected from Noraziond. Since his birth, he knew he'd become a Keeper of Time... Atleast that was what his future self revealed to him. Indeed, like most whelps, he often spoke with his old self for guidance and was nurtured and educated to become a great Keeper of Time.

At the starting, he didn't like his duty. He didn't like the idea of being forced to a predestined future. Most of the bronze dragons he knew were strongly detached from life and he somewhat blamed the dragons' duty to upkeep the timeways (a duty that often required to ignore one dragon's own feelings). However in time, as he observed the world's history, he started to understand the complexity of the world, a complexity and richness that (in his mind) had to be preserved and protected. The past was important not only because it made future possible but also because, in a way, each moment was unique and precious. All moments had a wonderful dignity. He began to take great pride in being a Keeper of Time and started to work day and night to acquire the knowledge he needed to become a respected dragon.

Time passed and he became a fierce drake. He often ventured through the timeways and learnt of remarkable events of the past. In his free time, he ventured alongside a group of daring drakes in elven and human communities, trying to understand their ways and immedesimate in their life-style. In spite of his travels, he hardly left the Caverns of Time in the present, but did so mostly to venture in the past - he moved around Tanaris to hunt, or alternatively he ate disguised as an elf or an human.
While not a bad historian his duty as a Keeper of Time has been focused on protecting the Caverns and the timeline from abuse rather than mere cataloging the events of the past - he praised action above collection.

It was during these years that he was summoned to defend the timeways from the bronze flight's nemesis: the Infinite Dragonflight. As they arrived from the future, he remained astonished by their intent: they were trying to subvert the timeways themselves. He saw such a dangerous goal as the antithesis of all what the bronze dragons stood for... yet also as their ultimate temptation. For this reason, the Infinite Dragonflight were a terrifying menace to all of Azeroth. To fight back what he saw as the ultimate temptation of a bronze dragon, his mind became even more stoic and detached.

After the events that occurred in the Day of the Dragon (the powers of the Aspects were restored, Deathwing was beaten and the Demon Soul was shattered) the bronze drake started to venture in the world with a certain frequency, visiting the wonders of civilizations not only for duty alone, but also for the pleasure of discovery and research.

During the Cataclysm Norazion - now a dragon - fought firsthand against the Infinite Dragonflight, who sought to change the future of the world forever and secure Deathwing's ultimate victory. Most of his battles have been made through time - hence it's kind of imprecise to say they occurred "during the Cataclysm". Often, both his future-self and present-self - alongside other dragons - would reach a location and fight together to annihilate the Infinite menace.

He did not partecipate in the last stand against Deathwing at the Wyrmrest Temple because he was deemed too inexperienced to fight off Deathwing's minions.

As the dragons lost their powers he was disheartened to hear the price of such a loss (=their infertility) and hopes that, one day, the dragons will have their powers restored and that the great flights will live on.
After the Cataclysm he has been relieved from his duties as a Keeper of Time - his services are no longer necessary atleast for a time and he is taking took this time to scout the world in all its facets.

During the Legion invasion he has taken at heart the safety of Azeroth but, like he usually does, he rarely fought the demons firsthand yet.
First time at dragon roleplay? I have had experience on retail. Led a dragon community and RPed as a blue dragon for a long time.
(IC) Reason to join: "When the Cataclysm occurred, the dragons fought united. By fighting as one, they discovered a strenght that not even the minions of the Old Gods possessed. If we are to secure a resurgence of the dragonflights, that can be secured only by working together. And even if we are to fail, failing togheter is better than dying alone."
(OOC) Reason to join: I love the idea of a dragon community - I have been in one for a while on retail and I do still treasure every second of it.
Are you aware of the guild rules, the content of the Tome of Ancient Times forum and the lore of your dragonflight?: Mostly yes.
Have you understood current timeline of Heartwing?: 7.2 Legion? Got lost into the timewyas!
Do you fully understand the lore of your dragonflight, and other essential lore information: Yep
Last edited by Meryl on Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Xelchew
Newcomer
Newcomer

Re: [Matured Dragon] Noraziond

Post#2 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:55 pm

Ah glad to see you do the apply :D

Arithdormu
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Post#3 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:44 am

Hello Noraziond,

I am Arithdormu, an Officer of Heartwing, and will be reviewing your application today. In Heartwing we use a color code to judge an application and also sort things a little bit. Green means very acceptable or remarkable. Yellow means it needs elaboration, and red means it is absolutely unacceptable.

Dragon Name: Noraziond

The ending ‘-ond’ isn’t a nomenclature used of any dragonflight. The only Dragon with such an ending is Murozond, who doesn’t follow any nomenclature and is the infinite version of Nozdormu, aswell as an anagram to 'Nozdormu'. The nomenclature for the Bronze Dragonflight is ‘-ormu’ (Female: -ormi).

Attitude/Behaviour: Noraziond is introspective and calm. His demeanor is usually kind and welcoming, yet he appears strongly detached and hardly shows any emotions. You may say, he doesn't embrace the moment. When completing everyday tasks, he usually moves slowly (he has "all the time in the world") and looks kind of bored.

Being a bronze dragon which often studies the timeways, Noraziond is a pacific dragon and is not keen of fighting. He usually avoids getting involved in a violent battle unless he deems it necessary. During a battle, Noraziond relies on his enhanced reflexes and magical spells, attacking quickly and from afar rather than engaging with brute physical strenght.

As he has been trained to enter the timeways in mortal form, Noraziond can be very chameleonic when it comes to his feelings, and is able to simulate his feelings very well.

I find this behaviour well described and pleasant to read. (Only thing I’d have to say that he is probably a ‘pacifist’ dragon, not a ‘pacific’ one )

IRL-Person Personality: Discover it as we interact together!

While I understand that it may be hard to break down one’s own personality, We’d still like to have some further detail, atleast a rough outline. (Tending towards being introverted; extroverted, etc.) It doesn’t have to be a lot but even a bit would help us to better understand you what sort of person you are c:

Backstory Summary: Born as a whelp in the Caverns of Time, much was to be expected from Noraziond. Since his birth, he knew he'd become a Keeper of Time... Atleast that was what his future self revealed to him. Indeed, like most whelps, he often spoke with his old self for guidance and was nurtured and educated to become a great Keeper of Time.

At the starting, he didn't like his duty. He didn't like the idea of being forced to a predestined future. Most of the bronze dragons he knew were strongly detached from life and he somewhat blamed the dragons' duty to upkeep the timeways (a duty that often required to ignore one dragon's own feelings). However in time, as he observed the world's history, he started to understand the complexity of the world, a complexity and richness that (in his mind) had to be preserved and protected. The past was important not only because it made future possible but also because, in a way, each moment was unique and precious. All moments had a wonderful dignity. He began to take great pride in being a Keeper of Time and started to work day and night to acquire the knowledge he needed to become a respected dragon.

Time passed and he became a fierce drake. He often ventured through the timeways and learnt of remarkable events of the past. In his free time, he ventured alongside a group of daring drakes in elven and human communities, trying to understand their ways and immedesimate in their life-style. In spite of his travels, he hardly left the Caverns of Time in the present, but did so mostly to venture in the past - he moved around Tanaris to hunt, or alternatively he ate disguised as an elf or an human.
While not a bad historian his duty as a Keeper of Time has been focused on protecting the Caverns and the timeline from abuse rather than mere cataloging the events of the past - he praised action above collection.

It was during these years that he was summoned to defend the timeways from the bronze flight's nemesis: the Infinite Dragonflight. As they arrived from the future, he remained astonished by their intent: they were trying to subvert the timeways themselves. He saw such a dangerous goal as the antithesis of all what the bronze dragons stood for... yet also as their ultimate temptation. For this reason, the Infinite Dragonflight were a terrifying menace to all of Azeroth. To fight back what he saw as the ultimate temptation of a bronze dragon, his mind became even more stoic and detached.

After the events that occurred in the Day of the Dragon (the powers of the Aspects were restored, Deathwing was beaten and the Demon Soul was shattered) the bronze drake started to venture in the world with a certain frequency, visiting the wonders of civilizations not only for duty alone, but also for the pleasure of discovery and research.

During the Cataclysm Norazion - now a dragon - fought firsthand against the Infinite Dragonflight, who sought to change the future of the world forever and secure Deathwing's ultimate victory. Most of his battles have been made through time - hence it's kind of imprecise to say they occurred "during the Cataclysm". Often, both his future-self and present-self - alongside other dragons - would reach a location and fight together to annihilate the Infinite menace.

He did not partecipate in the last stand against Deathwing at the Wyrmrest Temple because he was deemed too inexperienced to fight off Deathwing's minions.

As the dragons lost their powers he was disheartened to hear the price of such a loss (=their infertility) and hopes that, one day, the dragons will have their powers restored and that the great flights will live on.
After the Cataclysm he has been relieved from his duties as a Keeper of Time - his services are no longer necessary atleast for a time and he is taking took this time to scout the world in all its facets.

During the Legion invasion he has taken at heart the safety of Azeroth but, like he usually does, he rarely fought the demons firsthand yet.

Again, I do think this part of the application is very well done aswell, it was quite pleasant to read!

Are you aware of the guild rules, the content of the Tome of Ancient Times forum and the lore of your dragonflight?: Mostly yes.

I hope the ‘Yes’ counts for the guild rules and the mostly for the lore of your dragonflight, which is totally fine. If you’re not so sure about the rules though, you can read them here!
http://heartwing.dk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3

In conclusion, I found this application to be well written overall, your English is in most places quite correct (I’d suggest the small mistakes here and there are due to the application being written in one day), the lore is proper except for the nomenclature, and it was all in all a nice read. Though especially due to the name, I’ll have to put this application on Pending until these mistakes have been bettered out.

I thank you for your time to apply and for your patience, and I hope I’ll hear from you soon again!

Meryl
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post#4 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:58 am

Hello everyone and thanks for the reply!! I hope to be part of your guild in due time. Got it? Heh... ANYWAY!

Yes, yes I suppose my writing deteriorated over time (especially during the story section) as I was writing the application at about 2 AM. I had to basically invent the story and the personality from scratch, since the character is new, which turned more exhausting than I thought. Plus when I am tired my English becomes kind of rusty. But I digress.

The name Noraziond was loosely inspired by an association chain that started from a mythological god whose name I have already forgotten, but anyway. From the WoW universe, the name is inspired by the legendary bronze wyrm Grakkarond. A bronze wyrm that fought in Silithus and was killed by Ossirian the Unscarred. An other similarly named dragon is Erozion.
I can see that it is unconventional, but the name is far from unique and there is an important precedent in the lore. The reason I picked -ond over -dormu is because the latter did not sound as good in my ears. And I want to hear this name often, as I plan to play alongside you for a while! (shameless captatio benevolentiae)
Furthermore, Bronze Dragons have other unconventional names such as the aforementioned Erozion, Tick (he's called like that in the aspects short story, kind of lame), Zirion and Chronalis (perhaps Occulus too if it was his real name).

Other than Murozond and Grakkarond, Galakrond's also an other -ond name but... of these three, only Grakkarond is a bronze dragon.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Grakkarond

However. If you think that the name is too snowflakey and request me to change it, I will change it ( ...and if you have non-dormu alternatives I could work on those..? :D like... -ion?)

My personality: IRL I am introverted but in-game I end up spamming about lore stuff, geeky topics, philosophy or psychology.

I kind of alternate periods where I seek out people with periods where I actively stay alone. I love discussions about the above topics; I can discuss for hours (and often when it comes to dragon lore or ethics, I don't mind having the last word until I am proven wrong *cough* but not necessarily out of stubbornness).
I hardly keep grudges and I appreciate and respect honesty. I like to stand for myself and be somewhat indipendent. I don't like being put in a position where I am unable to choose. In turn I try to be friendly and show support for most initiatives.

I appreciate refined conversations. Dislike vulgarity, toxicity, profanity and all that is unbefitting a dignified attitude.
I am a serious individual. I don't think I am a humorous person but eeh, who knows; I guess it depends on the topic. Also! IRL I am an university student and I'm often busy with exams- IRL comes first :(

I like spontaneous RP over DMed events. Prefer free emotes over rolls and can be, on occasion, tempted to make powerful characters - feel free to keep an eye on that! My favorite race are the constellars. Then blue dragons without a doubt.

I have great expectations from Heartwing as it has a standing and solid reputation. The few members I spoke with have been very kind and I really look forward hearing more from all of you. May the Aspects bless you.

Edit.
I also know that Heartwing is currently in 7.1 and not 7.2

Lore and rules. Uh, I wrote "mostly yes" because... uh, I mean. Give me a second. Aaand now I've been reading the rules (*cough* but before I had already given brief look *cough*)

G'eve and may the Aspects bless you... again. Time loop. Bronze can do this \o/

Asherystrasz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#5 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:37 am

Hello Noraziond,

As Arithdormu may be asleep now and I couldn't sleep myself, I decided to give reply to your comment on your application.

The name Noraziond was loosely inspired by an association chain that started from a mythological god whose name I have already forgotten, but anyway. From the WoW universe, the name is inspired by the legendary bronze wyrm Grakkarond. A bronze wyrm that fought in Silithus and was killed by Ossirian the Unscarred. An other similarly named dragon is Erozion.
I can see that it is unconventional, but the name is far from unique and there is an important precedent in the lore. The reason I picked -ond over -dormu is because the latter did not sound as good in my ears. And I want to hear this name often, as I plan to play alongside you for a while! (shameless captatio benevolentiae)
Furthermore, Bronze Dragons have other unconventional names such as the aforementioned Erozion, Tick (he's called like that in the aspects short story, kind of lame), Zirion and Chronalis (perhaps Occulus too if it was his real name).

Other than Murozond and Grakkarond, Galakrond's also an other -ond name but... of these three, only Grakkarond is a bronze dragon.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Grakkarond

However. If you think that the name is too snowflakey and request me to change it, I will change it ( ...and if you have non-dormu alternatives I could work on those..? :D like... -ion?)

We consider Grakkarond, Erozion, Tick, Flameweaver (and other drake names) as nicknames or names that the characters go by as aliases. When we refer to dragon name, it means your given name. The reason why every dragon even if they don't go by their birthname (dragon name) is because it speaks of heritage. You would always have a ormu or ormi name because it refers to your dragonflight.

For example Aerdranstrasz means Aerdran of the Red Dragonflight. Even though Aerdran always goes by the name of Aerdran only really.

We do not forbid you from going by that name IC'ly, just as you are aware it isn't your "true name".

My personality: ...

Seems fine.

I like spontaneous RP over DMed events. Prefer free emotes over rolls and can be, on occasion, tempted to make powerful characters - feel free to keep an eye on that! My favorite race are the constellars. Then blue dragons without a doubt.

Heartwing as an administration usually likes to plan things in advance that might be overly important, this helps us prevent screwups and potentially infringing roleplays.

Once you can reply with your given name, I can accept you into the guild. Contact me on Discord @ Jes#0507

Thank you for your time.

~ Asherystrasz, Guild Leader of Heartwing
[Alive] Aerenstrasz - Leader of Heartwing
[Alive] Aerdranstrasz - Child of Aeren
[Alive] Azraelstrasz- Second son of Asherystrasz - Not part of Heartwing

[Deceased] Asherystrasz - Retired leader of Heartwing
[Deceased] Hydrastrasz - Former Leader of Heartwing

Meryl
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post#6 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:28 pm

If the -dormu is that important for the guild, I shall become known as Zaridormu! Alias Zarius.

Currently I'm away from home as I celebrate the new year, once I am back I will edit my character's name (I hope it's not taken).
For the moment being, I wish you well, may the Aspects watch over you all!

Asherystrasz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#7 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:41 pm

Accepted.

Add me on Discord @ Jes#0507 and I will get you invited to the guild's discord.
[Alive] Aerenstrasz - Leader of Heartwing
[Alive] Aerdranstrasz - Child of Aeren
[Alive] Azraelstrasz- Second son of Asherystrasz - Not part of Heartwing

[Deceased] Asherystrasz - Retired leader of Heartwing
[Deceased] Hydrastrasz - Former Leader of Heartwing

Return to “Applications”