Master and Student "applications"

Talk about anything related IC or OOC'ly related to the guild.
Taro
Covenant
Covenant

Master and Student "applications"

Post#1 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:54 pm

Some people have a desire to pass on their knowledge to someone younger than them. Others have a desire to learn from someone older. Perhaps Heartwing can have one too? This topic is an OOC topic in which anyone who is looking for a master-student relationship can post what they are looking for and this can make it easier to make such a thing happen (since not everyone is online at the same time, making this randomly happen can be difficult). I will use my own "Master Application" as an example (this is also a real application so feel free to respond to it):

Name: Bakustrasz
Sex: Male
Species: Red Dragon
Adulthood stage: Wyrm
Looking for: Student
Combat based skills he/she wishes to teach: Pyromancy, Dual-bladed/Staff-and-sword fencing.
Non-combat based skills he/she wishes to teach: Meditation, healing (other things to put here would be chronomancy, entering the dream etc.)
Ideal student: no preferences, both mortal/dragon

A student application would look like this:
Name:
Sex:
Species:
Adulthood stage:
Combat based skills he/she wishes to learn:
Non-combat based skills he/she wishes to learn:
Ideal student:

I would also like to know what you guys think of this idea.

Cediastrasza
Newcomer
Newcomer

Re: Master and Student "applications"

Post#2 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:14 pm

I like the idea of it ^^ It gives a good reason to do rp outside of events!

Name: Cediastrasza
Sex: Female
Species: Red
Adulthood stage: Drake
Looking for: Master
Combat based skills he/she wishes to learn: Sword fighting, general arcane magic
Non-combat based skills he/she wishes to learn: Healing magic, general arcane magic
Ideal teacher: Anybody older than her - she doesn't fancy the idea of learning from a whelp :P

Aridormi
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post#3 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:40 am

As I've said, this is a great idea and I will take advantage of it to get this sucker a new mentor.

Name: Teraliustrasz
Species: Red Dragon
Adulthood stage: Whelp
Age: A little over a year, yet he doesn't let his age impede him. He is willing to prove his worth to train under a mentor's wing and is ready to keep up with dragons older than he.
Looking for: Master/Mentor
Combat based skills he wishes to learn: Exclusively Pyromancy. Teralius is not interested in the other magic schools but will not shirk from them if his mentor considers them to be of use in his future learnings. Basic close-quarter staff combat.
Non-combat based skills he wishes to learn: Airmanship. Teralius is fairly young and has much to learn. He wants to improve his flight skills as much as possible. His smaller, slimer body and quick reflexes add to his agility, making him a perfect candidate.
Ideal student: During his former apprenticeship under Apostrasz, Teralius was pleased with the results of his teachings. He learnt valuable lessons that only a red dragon as himself would know how to teach and thus will not trust a mortal in this role. Yet you are welcome to prove him otherwise.

Cerulegos
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post#4 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:18 pm

A fantastic show of initiative which we wholeheartedly approve of. Unfortunately, this idea seems to have flown under the radar, so this post is getting stickied as an endorsement from the administration.

Antonius Augury
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post#5 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:38 am

Name: Antonius Augury
Species: Human
Adulthood stage: Adult
Looking for: Student
Combat based skills he/she wishes to teach: Arcane magic - specifically transmutation/evocation/abjuration.
Non-combat based skills he/she wishes to teach: Discipline, patience, mediation/ambassadorial skills, self-control.
Ideal student: Preferably somebody looking to learn magic.
Aliases:
Antonius Augur(y)
Dungeon Master

Return to “Guild Discussion”