[Highborne Kaldorei] Valyrien An'dowyn

If you are interested in joining the guild this is the topic to post your application. Make sure to have read the rules and the lore of Heartwing before posting.
Linken
Newcomer
Newcomer

[Highborne Kaldorei] Valyrien An'dowyn

Post#1 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:42 pm

Name: Valyrien An'dowyn
Race: Highborne Kaldorei
Class: Mage
Dragonsworn?: Nope
Dragonflight Alignment: None
Physique Type: Average for a Kaldorei
Choice of magic: Arcane, with a sprinkling of Frost
Language(s): Darnassian, Thalassian, Common, Orcish, Gnomish, Dwarven
Character Personality: Valyrien is a black sheep amongst the Highborne of the Shendralar, whom had no particular desire to learn about the world, rather only wishing to remain hidden and practice their magic in peace. He wishes to absorb and learn of its various people and cultures through osmosis. He is an avid drinker, and prone to going a little overboard in anything he indulges, be it drink, magic, or even a fight.
IRL Personality: Sarcastic, dry, a little aggressive, but friendly if you give me a chance.
Interest(s): People, cultures, languages, but most importantly, fun
Minor spell(s): Prestidigitation, teleportation, minor conjuration and abjuration, frost
Prestige spell(s): Evocation, Offensive Arcane, nothing extraordinary
Backstory: Valyrien began his life much as any other Shen'dralar did, locked away in the city of Eldre'thalas, more commonly referred to as Dire Maul in the present. Unlike other children, Val decided that he didn't particularly care for his surroundings, instead preferring to explore the forest beyond the city, though, to his dismay, he found nothing too interesting.

His formative years were spent in strict study and tutelage by his parents, and while he cared little for study, he showed great promise in the actual application of magic and magical theory. Because of this, he was barely tolerated at the academies at the city, passing their courses with, you guessed it, average marks, but never really excelling in one course or another due to his outside interests.

Life was dull in the time before the Second Invasion of the Legion, he spent most of his time attending parties and performing the various duties required to him. His family held no high position nor did he care to raise his standing in such a stagnant society, particularly when it became obvious that Prince Totheldrin was a tyrant.

Thus, he decided to leave and explore the world on his own. He was capable of defending himself, and Kaldorei were becoming more commonplace around the world. His first real taste of civilization was the city of Theramore, where he met a melting pot of different cultures and ideals. While fascinating to watch and experience, it became obvious that most people wouldn't come to appreciate him as he did them, due to his upbringing as a mage when in accepted Kaldorei society magic is forbidden. Thus he took great pains to hide his magical ability.

Things changed during the Cataclysm, when the world shook with the fire and fury of Deathwing. His people, now known to their northern Kaldorei cousins quite well had decided to make amends and teach their ways to a society that finally accepted that versatility was necessary in an ever-hostile world. Valyrien took no part in the reparations nor the teaching of a new generation of mages, instead preferring to apply his magic on the field. While never at any major battle site, Valyrien did his best to ease the pain of those around him by providing good food, good drink, and a little respite from the reality of their broken world.

When the mists lifted from Pandaria, however, Valyrien could not resist the idea of a culture quite literally built on good food, good drink, and a good home. Having grown up in the world he did, this seemed an idyllic place to visit. This was not to be, however, as the intervention of both the Alliance and the Horde shattered any semblance of peace the continent had. Valyrien took no part in any of their petty squabbles, instead focusing on learning and living with the Pandaren, which is still recognizable in him today. His love of drink came from sampling the various brews the Pandaren were quite fond of making, but alas, his time there was all too brief. Recognizing that the Pandaren were better left alone to their own devices, he left, visiting occasionally when the desire rose. He also never stepped a foot on Draenor, despite wishing to see orcish and draenei culture. Things were far too dangerous and volatile there, and it seemed a waste to visit a culture bent on war and destruction.

Then came the Third Invasion of the Legion. Valyrien had read plenty in his books, seen demons up close when his fellows began to grow mad with power. Even fought his fair share of stragglers attempting to have their fun before marching to Hyjal in the Second Invasion. But this was something else entirely. They were organized, powerful, dangerous, and most importantly, determined to win this time. Where Valyrien had never seen a reason to participate in the petty conflicts between mortal factions, the fate of the world was at stake once more. He would not sit idly by, fight stragglers while the important battles were fought elsewhere. Valyrien pledged his power and his own determination to the cause of ending the Legion threat once and for all. Thus, for the time being, he associates himself with Dalaran, as there are safety in numbers.
(IC) How much does your mortal know about dragons?: My character knows what the libraries of Eldre'thalas contain about dragons, and what is commonplace amongst Kaldorei culture. Namely, that they are intelligent, wonderful beings with a determination to protect mortals(blacks and the occasional crazy blue aside). He is eager to learn more, however.
(OOC) How much does you know about dragon lore?: I don't profess to know everything, but I know enough to feel confident in rping my own dragon. I know the history, lore from a few choice books such as War of the Ancients and the story about the raising of the Aspects.
(IC) Reason to join Valyrien wishes to learn more about the world at large and the intelligent races that inhabit it through firsthand experience. This includes dragons.
(OOC) Reason to join I've never really played a mortal under the service to dragons before. It always seemed like a fun aspect of roleplay that I myself would like to explore, much like the character wants to learn about dragons.
What other roleplay have you done before this character? Oof. I've roleplayed my own dragon in hiding, but I mostly play either mages, paladins, or some form of elf. Call me a one trick pony in that regard, but I consider myself decent at portraying them, and they're my comfort zone.
Are you aware of the guild rules, the content of the Tome of Ancient Times forum and the lore of your dragonflight?: Yeppers
Have you understood current timeline of Heartwing?: For the most part, yeah
Do you fully understand the lore of your dragonflight, and other essential lore information: Confidently

Vyrna
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Re: [Highborne Kaldorei] Valyrien An'dowyn

Post#2 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:03 pm

Hello and thank you for taking the time to apply for Heartwing!

I'll be the one evaluating your application today, but before I do I want to go over how we do things here in Heartwing. I will be highlighting the parts that I find unacceptable, questionable, or simply bits that I loved.

Red means the content is unacceptable by any means and should be changed.

Yellow means the content is questionable and needs clarification.

Green means the content is remarkable and deserves recognition.

I do not see anything out of the ordinary, so I'm going to go ahead and accept this application.

Congratulations, you are now apart of Heartwing!

Please add and message any of the following three: Asherystrasz [Jes#0001] Ofek/Shen [Goose#3297] or Imani [Ritual#9682]

They will provide you with an invite to the Heartwing server and an invite to the guild in-game.

Happy roleplaying!
    [Alive] V y r n a s t r a s z a - The Knight
    [Alive]
    A m n u d o r m u - The Sandwyrm
    [Alive] S a p h i r a g o s a - The Spellweaver

Return to “Applications”