[Nightborne] Vasenajj 'Asajj' Duskivy

If you are interested in joining the guild this is the topic to post your application. Make sure to have read the rules and the lore of Heartwing before posting.
Luthien-sama
Newcomer
Newcomer

[Nightborne] Vasenajj 'Asajj' Duskivy

Post#1 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:33 am

Name: Vasenajj 'Asajj' Duskivy
Race: Nightborne
Class: Sorceress
Dragonsworn?: She has not been sworn to anyone.
Dragonflight Alignment: Blue Dragonflight
Physique Type: Toned; femininely built. Dancer's body.
Choice of magic: All fields of arcane, which are arcane itself, ice, and fire. She also is an expert on leylines, the latter being involved in her rigorous training to adulthood. She also focused on mastering mana storing crystals and artifacts.
Language): Shalassian and Common, though her common is a bit rusty.
Character Personality: Asajj is bold, to say the least. Stubborn. Loyal. And above all, a die-hard researcher. She's spontaneous and unpredictable, and while she generally keeps to herself, she can be quite the blabber mouth. Her family was high ranking in status within Suramar city, so the idea of the 'more holy than thou' effects her interactions in most cases, but she tries to avoid conflict as much as possible and certainly tries her damnest not to judge "lowbornes". She has a weakness for shiny silver things, big cats, fluffy pillows, and books. She loves books and that is an understatement. She's generally very regal and sophisticated in all her actions, which she mastered after her years of "Lady Training", as she's come to call it.

Basically a nerd. *nod nod*
IRL Personality: Well, I'm very imaginative and bold in most things I do. Spontaneous, not slutty. Intelligent and motherly. Pretty simple in day to day life. Bookworm and artist. Hmm....other than that I'm not sure XD. I guess I'm pretty funny and clumsy too..but aren't we all, at least a little bit?
Interest(s): Study of all things, collecting rare artifacts, runes, religions, and animals.
Minor spell(s): Spells like Blink and Dispel Illusions are her favorite for easy (minor) use. Though she dabbles in the creation of mana storing crystals and artifacts, which she uses for backup strength / stamina and speed
Prestige spell(s): She can summon high amounts of power at once, and in a moment, can use it for almost anything she can think of, converting it into shields or speed, blastwaves, and concentrated balls of energy blasts, normally taking the form of lightning. Her imagination is her only limitation.
Backstory: ( Full title: High Lady Vasenajj Miramaris of House Duskivy, otherwise known as the Silver Maiden )

Vasenajj Duskivy was born in Suramar's high court 500 years before the Sundering, in which time was spent being trained in leadership and diplomacy, as well as the arcane arts. Her childhood was often busy with her head in books or out in the stables taking care of her families Manasabers. Unlike most her age, (20 at the time) she already showed great knowledge and photo graphic memory, self control, and a strong will to learn even more, which led her to quick introduction of courtly life and official meetings. She was betrothed to another Lord of her age, Althan Silverthorn, to secure a strong bloodline within the family.

Her life was the same for a comfortable millennia, her passion as a researcher and aspiring court ambassador keeping her busy and happy.

The comfortable life would end soon after however, when the War of the Ancients seemingly game from no where in her eyes, with the situation becoming more dire by the day. Her betrothed, Althan, had been murdered by Legion hounds while he was away from Suramar, the details of the event were never really discovered, and though she didn't particularly like him, she felt threatened by the sudden lack of normalcy in her life.

Day by day, more things transpired, and in a desperate attempt to save the people from the oncoming Sundering, the Grand Magistrix and her advisers enclosed the city in a giant shield with the power of the Nightwell, and all normalcy was quickly thrown out the window.

She'd felt the change happen...slowly..over the next years of darkness..her body changed, the people changed, and soon their bodies were completely dependent on the Nightwell's power. Her body would shake uncontrollably when not exposed to enough of the Nightwell's energy, and so she often kept her stay in the Court of Stars, where the wells power was prominent. Looking in the mirror baffled her each day, everything she'd come to know about her face was different. More defined cheekbones, curved ears and glowing eyes of violet, and even her height changed greatly. Her skin took on a lilac luster, dulling overtime.

With no sun, and no way of escape, everyone's lives changed and a profound silence swept over the entire city as they waited..for ten thousand years...for something to happen, but what did was not what they expected..

Vasenajj was informed that the Magistrix was having negotiations with the Legion leader, Gul'dan. There was talk of surrender among the nobles and several meetings were held to inform more people of the situation...at each, Asajj had fought against the idea of surrendering to the Legion, when it was them who had destroyed the Elven Empire and their former way of life. Each meeting, Asajj was overruled, and tensions began to rise among the nobles. By this point, accusations of treason had been thrown every-which-way.

Three days later, Asajj awoke one morning from a bright light shining in through the window...she'd almost wept from joy when she walked out onto the balcony in the sun's embrace, but all the happiness was dashed away when she beheld the Legion army descending upon the city...the guards didn't do anything, the people were in the streets, watching as the Legion emissaries made their way to the palace. The Magistrix had indeed surrendered...and the other nobles had ratted her oppositions out to the higher ups.

Asajj was arrested on the charge of treason. Her punishment was banishment. Thrown out from the city and the Nightwell's embrace, her descent to Nightfallen was fast and unbearable. Most days were spent in a crippling fog, endless shaking and a painfully decaying body. She'd managed to stay away from battle in a hidden cave in a mountainside, where she'd thought no one would find her.

Turns out, members of the Blue Dragonflight had taken up refuge there as well, and while they were hesitant to her at first, they were quick to provide her with care, leaving her for hours in pools of arcane imbued water. While water helped her stay focused most days, to where she was able to learn about the dragonflight and study them, there were others when she'd all but lost her mind, and became a scavenging animal.

When whelps starting disappearing, and the lives of the dragons were threatened....champions came to help.

The champions found Vasenajj, who was barely hanging onto her fractured mind, and quickly brought her back to the rebel base, and to First Arcanist Thalyssra. The next few days were so full of fog, Asajj couldn't remember anything up until the moment the Arcan'dor finally bore fruit. The champions were quick to give her the fruit, which she remembers as being the most profound sense of freedom she could ever remember. The strain of the Nightwell was pulled away, and eventually, her body and mind reverted back to health.

Life long friendships were made with the dragons, and with the champions who helped her, and it was the dragons themselves who'd told Asajj of Heartwing.

Her love and knowledge and the dragons....would eventually lead Vasenajj to seek out Heartwing..and now..she waits for the moment in which she may meet them.......
(IC) How much does your mortal know about dragons?: Asajj is fully versed in the Blue Dragonflight history, as she'd found common ground in terms of magical prowess, and a strong bond formed between them during her mindless days. The other flights she hopes to study further in Heartwing, though she already knows basic information of each.
(OOC) How much does you know about dragon lore?: I know basically all there is to know about the Green dragonflight, the blues also. Basic information for others. I know of key major events, like Cataclysm, of course. :P :D
(IC) Reason to join Asajj is a researcher at heart, she's always looking for new things to study. Getting a chance to study dragons simply pulled at her heart strings and dragged her here, hoping to provide and receive knowledge, and maybe even family...who knows?!
(OOC) Reason to join I've seen the adds for it, and thought it was very interesting, also friends of mine in the guild (Mavira) really helped to encourage me to join. I'm looking for something new to try :) .
What other roleplay have you done before this character? This character was based in a more private guild setting for a highborne house. I mostly do highborne based rp, and I'm quite good at it, I'm told Huehuehue :3
Are you aware of the guild rules, the content of the Tome of Ancient Times forum and the lore of your dragonflight?: Si!
Have you understood current timeline of Heartwing?: Si!
Do you fully understand the lore of your dragonflight, and other essential lore information: Si! Though I'm not a dragon, ofc, but Si!
Last edited by Luthien-sama on Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:17 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Nyth for the win
Newcomer
Newcomer

Re: [Nightborne] Vasenajj 'Asajj' Duskivy

Post#2 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:45 pm

I love the refrence art for her! And the application aswell! Hope you get in :)

Luthien-sama
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post#3 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:50 pm

Thank you so much! Means a lot!! :D

Asherystrasz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#4 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:09 pm

Name: Vasenajj 'Asajj' Duskivy

Seems to be quite out of the ordinary name for a Nightborne. Nightborne usually has french-like names. Can you give elaboration to the process that made you choose this name?

"Many nightborne have a French-sounding name, such as Arcanist Valtrois, Artificer Lothaire and Brigitte. Ly'leth Lunastre is an even more interesting example, considering her name is formed from "Lune" and "Astre" which respectively mean "Moon" and "Celestial body" in French."

Your spell list needs to be more elaborative to reflect this age.

Choice of magic: All fields of arcane, though mostly focused on pyromancy and recent dabbles in shadow priesthood.

This doesn't really make sense to me. Could you elaborate? There is nothing about in the backstory

Language(s): Darnassian and Common, though her common is a bit rusty.

Do you mean Shalassian?

Character Personality: Asajj is bold, to say the least. Stubborn. Loyal. And above all, a die-hard researcher. She's spontaneous and unpredictable, and while she generally keeps to herself, she can be quite the blabber mouth. Her family was high ranking in status within Suramar city, so the idea of the 'more holy than thou' effects her interactions in most cases, but she tries to avoid conflict as much as possible and certainly tries her damnest not to judge "lowbornes". She has a weakness for shiny silver things, big cats, fluffy pillows, and books. She loves books and that is an understatement. She's generally very regal and sophisticated in all her actions, which she mastered after her years of "Lady Training", as she's come to call it.

This is a very well described character personality!

Interest(s): Study of all things, collecting rare artifacts, runes, religions, and animals.

Just as asked!

I will put this application on pending for the time being, until you could reply with the comments above. Thank you for your time in applying to Heartwing, we look forward to hear back from you!

~ Asherystrasz
Guild Leader of Heartwing
[Alive] Aerenstrasz - Leader of Heartwing
[Alive] Aerdranstrasz - Child of Aeren
[Alive] Azraelstrasz- Second son of Asherystrasz - Not part of Heartwing

[Deceased] Asherystrasz - Retired leader of Heartwing
[Deceased] Hydrastrasz - Former Leader of Heartwing

Luthien-sama
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post#5 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:52 pm

I went in and added things to her magical skills, and history as well. Her list of magic is small, but she's a master in each, she just tends to look further than magic, to research and study all things, not just one. It really pulled many years of her life, which I just want to stress.

Her name, Vasenajj, while I know the Nightborne generally have French names, hers was inspired by members of Queen Azshara's court in Zin'Azshari, like Lady Vashj. Her parents thought it was unique. Afterall, she was born two thousand years before the Sundering, and the cities, Suramar and Zin-Azshari, were still in contact.

Return to “Applications”