[Matured Dragon] Aikadormi

If you are interested in joining the guild this is the topic to post your application. Make sure to have read the rules and the lore of Heartwing before posting.
Kerita
Newcomer
Newcomer

[Matured Dragon] Aikadormi

Post#1 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:15 pm

Dragonflight: Bronze Dragonflight
Dragon Name: Aikadormi
Aliases: Aika
Adulthood: Matured Dragon
Loyalty(-ies): Bronze Dragonflight
View of Heartwing: Aikadormi hasn't got much of a view or perception of the Heartwing, most of what she knows about them is purely from word of mouth. She's interested in the group simply out of her own fantasy dream of interacting with other dragons that are outside of her own flight and simply being able to do something else with her life.
Affiliations: Her Dragonflight, Timewalkers.

Attitude/Behaviour: Aikadormi is a curious soul, seeking knowledge and trying her best to learn about others through simply chatting to them. She enjoys to talk, in fact she would talk a Millennium away if she could get away with it, really depending on how long people around her choose to entertain her. She tries to keep mature, but often finds herself drifting especially in her focus. She'll dive into a conversation for a specific piece of information and within minutes she'll be talking about something completely unrelated. She's incredibly positive, optimism flourishes from her.
Key traits: Chatty, passive, perky and thoughtful.
Respect for authority: Aika is well behaved and responds well to those she knows are her highers, especially older dragons. She's polite the majority of the time but may sometimes speak out of term, more not being able to keep her yap shut rather then meaning any real disrespect. When scolded she will back down immediately, perhaps sometimes being too apologetic.
Character Personality: Aika is a young dragon, not far from leaving her drake stage. This means she doesn't have quite as much maturity as other mature dragons. She doesn't like fighting very much and rarely will partake directly, instead preferring to keep back and assist others from a distance, she would rather them take the glory then put herself in the spotlight, she doesn't like too much attention.

She is very friendly and isn't very easily intimidated, which can be both a blessing and a curse depending on the situation. She'll talk to about anyone, usually on the most random subjects she can come up with. Really she has good intentions, but can sometimes be drifting in her thoughts, her mind getting caught up on all sorts of things and leading her to space out or wonder off on her own to ponder.
IRL-Person Personality: I like to think I'm a pretty positive person, try my best to get on with everyone and overall am very chatty like my character here is! I enjoy to wonder up to random characters when roleplaying and just seeing where it takes me, I try to be perky but I can be rather quiet OOC, usually due to getting into the characters mindset.
Hobbies: Daydreaming, admiring pretty things, chatting too whoever will entertain her.
Future desired position: Aika hasn't got any desired position, she wants to see where the flow of time will take her.
Common spells: Sand breath as a defensive. Quick.
Prestige spells: She prefers to use her time magic to either slow enemies or make her allies stronger (speeding up their time frames).
Backstory Summary: Aika is a runty bronze, although having adult features her young age as being borderline drake is clear in her looks. Her horns are small, not having grown anywhere near their full size yet. Her wings seem a tad small for her body, again having not grown completely into her adult form.

Aika has spent practically all of her life wondering the Caverns of time. From a young drake she trained under her flight as a warder in the caverns. However she was never all that good at her job, too distract able from the problems at hand. Aika had a poor habit of wondering off on her own, spending days wondering the cavern's endless tunnels while loosing her train of thought in the warps of time that surrounded her. As she got older, this didn't stop, her curious nature led her to be chatty and someone who strives to learn as much about what is around her as possible, the trait itself comes from her fascination with the ever twisting time ways and all the endless possibilities that come with knowledge.

Aika eventually grew unsatisfied with her life in the caverns, wanting to do more for the here and now rather then constantly striding the time streams, she is out looking for a goal now, something she can be a part of by choice.
First time at dragon roleplay? I have experience Roleplaying a Bronze dragon before, for campaign events on live. I am a bit rusty though.
(IC) Reason to join: Aika is looking for purpose, one that she can choose and a means to control her own destiny. She wants to learn more about the world and not be stuck monitoring time for the rest of her life, even if meaning sticking to the same time stream for now. She fears for the future but believes that being part of the present may lead to a greater ending, she is driven by curiosity and simple self finding.
(OOC) Reason to join: I often roleplay on RPH with friends of mine from live, I saw a post for Heartwing and took a interest. It's been a long time since I have roleplayed a dragon and didn't think I would ever be able to get into a community for it. I had a wonder around on the website and liked what I saw, so I thought I would spur a application to see how it goes.
Are you aware of the guild rules, the content of the Tome of Ancient Times forum and the lore of your dragonflight?: Yes, I've read through them. I also love bronze dragon lore <3
Have you understood current timeline of Heartwing?: Mostly, I'd like to familiarise myself with it more. But I hope I'll learn a lot through IC interactions as well.
Do you fully understand the lore of your dragonflight, and other essential lore information: I should hope so! Yes, I've looked a lot into the specific lore on the dragonflights, especially bronze.

Arithdormu
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Re: [Matured Dragon] Aikadormi

Post#2 » Tue May 01, 2018 6:07 pm

Hello Aikadormi!

I'm Arithdormu, an Officer of Heartwing, and will review your application today.

While I'm reviewing your application, I'll be using a certain colour code. Green will show exceptionally good things I like about the application, Yellow will show things that'll need further explaination, and Red shows things that have to be drastically changed. So let's start c:

Attitude/Behaviour: Aikadormi is a curious soul, seeking knowledge and trying her best to learn about others through simply chatting to them. She enjoys to talk, in fact she would talk a Millennium away if she could get away with it, really depending on how long people around her choose to entertain her. She tries to keep mature, but often finds herself drifting especially in her focus. She'll dive into a conversation for a specific piece of information and within minutes she'll be talking about something completely unrelated. She's incredibly positive, optimism flourishes from her.

The way that you're describing your character's Behaviour is really enjoyable, as one can really make a picture of her as one goes on and reads it. Very nice!

Character Personality: Aika is a young dragon, not far from leaving her drake stage. This means she doesn't have quite as much maturity as other mature dragons. She doesn't like fighting very much and rarely will partake directly, instead preferring to keep back and assist others from a distance, she would rather them take the glory then put herself in the spotlight, she doesn't like too much attention.

She is very friendly and isn't very easily intimidated, which can be both a blessing and a curse depending on the situation. She'll talk to about anyone, usually on the most random subjects she can come up with. Really she has good intentions, but can sometimes be drifting in her thoughts, her mind getting caught up on all sorts of things and leading her to space out or wonder off on her own to ponder.

Same thing as before, I must say. It's really nice, and just want to compliment you again! It's really nice to see that you've experience with that character and know where you want to go with her. A lot of applications tend to not have such a thing and got really vague descriptions.

Prestige spells: She prefers to use her time magic to either slow enemies or make her allies stronger (speeding up their time frames).

Could you perhaps elaborate on what you mean by time frames? In Heartwing, we're a bit unsure about the usage of overly much time magics as it has lead to some unfair situations at some points. While this sort of ability is alright with us, we'd just like to clear that up c:

Backstory Summary: Aika is a runty bronze, although having adult features her young age as being borderline drake is clear in her looks. Her horns are small, not having grown anywhere near their full size yet. Her wings seem a tad small for her body, again having not grown completely into her adult form.

Aika has spent practically all of her life wondering the Caverns of time. From a young drake she trained under her flight as a warder in the caverns. However she was never all that good at her job, too distract able from the problems at hand. Aika had a poor habit of wondering off on her own, spending days wondering the cavern's endless tunnels while loosing her train of thought in the warps of time that surrounded her. As she got older, this didn't stop, her curious nature led her to be chatty and someone who strives to learn as much about what is around her as possible, the trait itself comes from her fascination with the ever twisting time ways and all the endless possibilities that come with knowledge.

Aika eventually grew unsatisfied with her life in the caverns, wanting to do more for the here and now rather then constantly striding the time streams, she is out looking for a goal now, something she can be a part of by choice.

I enjoy how neatly you described her daily life in the Caverns and while they do seem endless and overly large, that she at some point gets bored with her vigilance. Fits to her Character personality wise, I'd say! Perhaps you want to proofread your text before sending it in since I've seen some grammar mistakes, but that's alright and doesn't count towards my review anyways.

So, that was it already. Your application had a nice length and I found it overall satisfying to read, so I wouldn't see any problem why you shouldn't be Accepted.

You can contact our administration on Discord for an invite c:. (Varlamus#2180 (Matt), Jes#0001 (Jes), Taka#5075 (Lydia) or Naefnair#8543 (Me, Julius))

I hope you're having a nice day/evening!,
Arithdormu

Kerita
Newcomer
Newcomer

Re: [Matured Dragon] Aikadormi

Post#3 » Tue May 01, 2018 11:58 pm

Thank you for the review and acceptance <3 I'll be sure to try and contact on discord as soon as I am able and thank you for the compliments on the application! I really should have proofread, but I'll be the first to admit I am not great at grammar.

Could you perhaps elaborate on what you mean by time frames? In Heartwing, we're a bit unsure about the usage of overly much time magics as it has lead to some unfair situations at some points. While this sort of ability is alright with us, we'd just like to clear that up c:

I really should have explained it better. Basically the idea is manipulating allies in a similar way a bronze would slow down a enemy using time, instead of slowing down someone in time she would be using her ability to say make a specific dragon's strike quicker then it would normally be. <--- Maybe this is a okay explanation, maybe I need to ponder on it a bit more. I wanted to try and create a character who is less able in combat but focuses their rolls on making others somewhat stronger.

Anything else you'd like to know about it or if I need to put more thought into it/change things, please do let me know.

Return to “Applications”