[Matured Dragon] Aregos

If you are interested in joining the guild this is the topic to post your application. Make sure to have read the rules and the lore of Heartwing before posting.
Aregos
Newcomer
Newcomer

[Matured Dragon] Aregos

Post#1 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:11 pm

Dragonflight: Blue Dragonflight
Dragon Name: Aregos
Aliases:
Adulthood: Matured Dragon
Loyalty(-ies): The Kirin Tor, Blue Dragonflight, Wyrmrest Accord.
View of Heartwing: During Cataclysm, the Dragon(Aregos) had heard of Heartwing's acts and admired their success. After the encounter against his own kind, he lost his truth in them, and now, after many years, again, he wants to give a new chance for the dragonflights, to disperse his xenophobia about them.
Affiliations: Wyrmrest Accord, Kirin Tor, Council of Six, Alliance, Tirisgarde

Attitude/Behaviour: Aregos has a positive outlook on himself, with a constant drive to train and grow stronger. He is quiet and hard-working, not one to boast- but he is also brooding, and distrustful of new faces
Key traits: Lawfull,Gentle,Rational,Cautious,Truthful
Respect for authority: Aregos will follow and respect orders of authority
Character Personality: Aregos's as his kind has xenophobia.. he can't really interact and truth in to unknown people. But he is friendly if you are in his interest circle. If he gives a word about something, whatever happens, he will keep his word. Who can win his xenophobia and gets his truth Aregos will be the guard of him/her/it, forever, till end of his life.
IRL-Person Personality: I am a guy who has the feeling like Arthas Menethil, Whatever costs to achieve my aim, I would sacrifice everything for achieve it.
Hobbies: Flying around of Azeroth, mostly cold places.
Future desired position: -
Common spells: Arcane and Frost
Prestige spells: Crystalfire Breath- Inflicts Frostfire damage to enemies in a cone in front of the enemies, slowing their movement speed and dealing damage over time. Crystal Chains-Inflicts Frost damage and immobilizes an enemy target. Frostbomb- Launches a Frostbomb that deals Frost damage and freezes the ground, dealing periodic damage in an area. Arcane Barrage-Aregos fires Arcane barrage in front of the enemies as be arcane shield for himself and allies against the enemy. Arcane Storm-Fires a salvo of magic missiles into the air. These missiles select a random nearby enemy target and slam into them, dealing them Arcane damage. Vortex-Spins up a whirling vortex of Arcane energy, dealing Arcane damage to all enemies caught inside of it.
Backstory Summary: Aregos was born in the Nexus as a breed of Saragosa four hundred seventy years ago. In his youth, he interacted with one of the high ranked members of blue dragonflight, Haleh. For survive in this universe, everyone must be as strong as they can. And if you born as a dragon, it makes you the target in-universe, you need to know how to fight against your foe, also you have to train yourself to recover as fast as possible. In first hundred years in his lifespan passed only for training and being master on their own domain's power and frost's strength. For sure, after those hundred years, he didn't stop his trainings...
He's learning the way of illusion to be able to travel to mortal cities in disguise so the common people won't fear his appearance among the folk. When he asked about it to Haleh and she answered his question "You can be an elf like me, one of the eldest mortal race who's known for their usage of arcane". He chose a mortal form as Quel'dorei, with blue eyes, bright white skin, white-arcane blue coloured hair.
After a few years later he heard about Stellagosa. She is very knowledgeable about ley lines and other topics of magical research. It couldn't run away from his an attention, he started learning about ley lines too.
Like other blue dragons, he got the psychological disorder, xenophobic. It helped him sometimes. When he gets orders from high ranked members of blue dragonflights, he didn't follow them blindly, because first of all, he hadn't truth to them. Only to some breeds of Saragosa.

Nether Dragons' attack.
Sometime after the reopening of the Dark Portal, Tyrygosa travelled to Outland to investigate a familiar yet powerful source of magic. She eventually reunited with Jorad Mace, and through their adventures, they encountered a mysterious new flight of dragons that emanated the mysterious magical aura that she's been sensing. These nether dragons were powerful yet childish. They had no true leader, and that made them unruly. It also made them susceptible to outside influence. Tyrygosa transported many of the nether dragons to the blue dragonflight's lair, the Nexus. Blue Dragons weren't fond of them, include Aregos. The Nether Dragons bathed in the arcane energies of the Nexus. The magic was unlike anything they had ever experienced. They wanted it all, that's why The Nether Dragons launched a surprise attack against blue dragons to seize the Nexus for themselves. That attack started conflict Nether Dragons with Blue Dragons, even Malygos wouldn't ignore an attack on his own lair. Malygos lashed out at Nether dragons, Aregos proved to be a powerfull force in this battle. Some of the Nether Dragons escaped from Nexus alive. After this battle, Blue Dragons saw Malygos's acts changed...

The Nexus war
-was a major conflict fought between a resurgent blue dragonflight and an alliance consisting of the Kirin Tor of Dalaran and the Wyrmrest Accord. Malygos having regained his sanity after many millennia, the Blue Aspect concluded that the mortal races' apparent reckless use of magic was a threat to the stability of Azeroth. Malygos and most of his blue dragonflights' were draining away Azeroth's arcane magic and they were killing every mage who dared to oppose them. Aregos in his lifespan one or two times got chance to interact with Malygos. His psychological disorder helped him even he didn't know, even some of the blue dragons , include Aregos who opposed the Aspect of Magic attended the gathering. He had already killed too mayn innocents, and his siphoning of Azeroth's ley lines had upset the balance of the world. Aregos was worry about Malygos undefeatable creature in this universe, and end of this war, all of them will die... but nothing changed, he stayed loyal to his aim, also to Wyrmrest Accord. For the good of Azeroth , Aregos and most dragonflights would join the side of mortals and make war on Malygos. At final, Wyrmest Accord, Kirin-Tor's magicians, champions of Azeroth faced the Aspect of Magic and struck him down. Aregos afer battle left the Northrend to somewhere in Azeroth... till the Cataclysm happened he was live in peace with himself, far from his familie's member and everyone...

Cataclysm
As the Earth-Warder enraged from the very depth of Deepholm and begin his fly on Azeroth the world suffer from his anger hatred, an earthquake would shake the mountains of Stonetalon, the ground shatter the Barrens in it's middle and separate to two region... , as Deathwing's speech, "Azeroth will burn under my wings' shadow". The occeans churned in anger. Freak storms howled down from the mountains and blanketed normally temperate regions in ice. The earth heaved and groaned. Aregos saw the unbalancing in Azeroth, something growing as the threat for Azeroth. Even neutral factions rallied to stand against Deathwing and his followers. Aregos flight to the Nexus, at this moment Thrall journeyed to the Nexus also. There was deep division between those who supported Kalecgos and those who supported Arygos. Aregos kept his calmness at this decision. Most of the blue dragons tried to make their decision with reason and cold logic, but Thrall helped convince them to trust their hearts instead. In doing so, they chose Kalecgos. After it Arygos did the unthinkable. He attacked his own kind. Then Deathwing had won Arygos to his side. He gathered twilight dragons and some alliance of Deathwing and attacked the Nexus. Aregos proved himself in this battle once more. Arygos was slain , he died as a traitor to his flight. The force of twilight dragons and cultists he had rallied at Wyrmrest Temple was larger than any army Deathwing had ever mustered. From the ground and from the air , his servants surrounded the sacred tower . Even N'zoth sent his own minions to aid the assault. When the Old God's nightmarish creatures arrived at Wyrmrest Temple just as the Dragon Aspects and their allies did, include Aregos.
It was the first time Aregos was meet like that large army even bigger than Nexus's assault. The big battle started, they clashed with the twilight dragons, their winged forms blotting out the sun. Aregos used Arcane Barrage and Crystal Breath for keep the enemies back and kill them too. The cost on all sides were horrific... At least twilight dragons lost their lives even twilight father. Dragon Aspects and Thrall unleashed the artifact on Deathwing and drove him from Wyrmrest Temple. Aregos and some dragonflights ordered by Dragon Aspects to keep safeity at Wyrmrest Temple. Dragon Aspects, Thrall and champions of Azeroth followed Deathwing to the Maelstorm... , After final battle, Deathwing fall by their unbelivible sacrifice for the Azeroth. At least the peace established again in Azeroth...
After many years Aregos moved to Broken isles.. and his adventures still continue but how?
First time at dragon roleplay? No. And i have experience.First of all, i am good at lore
(IC) Reason to join: He wants to give a new chance for the dragonflights, to disperse his xenophobia about them. And for survive in this universe, you can't be without allies.
(OOC) Reason to join: Dragon one of the races which I m in love about their lore, and I like to see dragons around me, ofcourse rp too. (ooc) I would suggest being more older than 475 but if it is rule, so i will follow.
Are you aware of the guild rules, the content of the Tome of Ancient Times forum and the lore of your dragonflight?: yes
Have you understood current timeline of Heartwing?: yea.
Do you fully understand the lore of your dragonflight, and other essential lore information: yes
Last edited by Aregos on Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:44 am, edited 5 times in total.

Aregos
Newcomer
Newcomer

Re: [Matured Dragon] Aregos

Post#2 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:41 pm

Update: Dragon form changed(image)

Asherystrasz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#3 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:25 am

Assigned to Julius (Arithdormu)
[Alive] Aerenstrasz - Leader of Heartwing
[Alive] Aerdranstrasz - Child of Aeren
[Alive] Azraelstrasz- Second son of Asherystrasz - Not part of Heartwing

[Deceased] Asherystrasz - Retired leader of Heartwing
[Deceased] Hydrastrasz - Former Leader of Heartwing

Arithdormu
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Post#4 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:35 pm

Greetings Aregos!

Please excuse that you had to wait a little longer, but I hope you can forgive me.
I'm Arithdormu, an Officer of Heartwing, and will review your application today.

While I'm reviewing your application, I'll be using a certain colour code. Green will show exceptionally good things I like about the application, Yellow will show things that'll need further explaination, and Red shows things that have to be drastically changed. So let's get started.

Attitude/Behaviour: Aregos has a positive outlook on himself, with a constant drive to train and grow stronger. He is quiet and hard-working, not one to boast- but he is also brooding, and distrustful of new faces

A good behaviour. Lately we've had some blues that really boast themselves, so seeing some more brooding ones is a pace of change I really like to see.

Hobbies: Flying around of Azeroth, mostly cold places.

Nothing else? This section of the application isn't -that- important for the final judgment of the application, but perhaps a profession Aregos picked up in his time as a Quel'dorei? Then again, flying around is totally fine aswell.

Prestige spells: Crystalfire Breath- Inflicts Frostfire damage to enemies in a cone in front of the enemies, slowing their movement speed and dealing damage over time. Crystal Chains-Inflicts Frost damage and immobilizes an enemy target. Frostbomb- Launches a Frostbomb that deals Frost damage and freezes the ground, dealing periodic damage in an area. Arcane Barrage-Aregos fires Arcane barrage in front of the enemies as be arcane shield for himself and allies against the enemy. Arcane Storm-Fires a salvo of magic missiles into the air. These missiles select a random nearby enemy target and slam into them, dealing them Arcane damage. Vortex-Spins up a whirling vortex of Arcane energy, dealing Arcane damage to all enemies caught inside of it.

A very descriptive List of his spells. Some I'd see as Common spells, like an Arcane Barrage, but I admire that you wrote out small descriptions of what the spells too, and didn't give us just some spell names. Thanks c:

Backstory Summary: [...]

I didn't find any major issues with the Backstory now, and as you said that you're very interested in the lore, I believe that you took the time to research it all. Some parts feel like a bit more of story telling, like the final part of the Fall of Deathwing, but still, it's nothing bad.

That was it! I couldn't really find anything majorly bad about this application, so I'm happy to tell you that you're Accepted.

You can contact our administration on Discord for an invite c:. (Varlamus#2180 (Matt), Jes#0001 (Jes), Taka#5075 (Lydia) or Naefnair#8543 (Me, Julius))

I hope you're having a nice day/evening!,
Arithdormu

Return to “Applications”