[Drake] Aerigosa

If you are interested in joining the guild this is the topic to post your application. Make sure to have read the rules and the lore of Heartwing before posting.
SunflowerQueen
Newcomer
Newcomer

[Drake] Aerigosa

Post#1 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:46 am

ImageImage
Dragonflight: Blue Dragonflight
Dragon Name: Aerigosa
Aliases: Aeri
Adulthood: Dragon
Loyalty(-ies): Dragons, the blue dragon flight, and the wyrmrest accord.
View of Heartwing: An open-minded, welcoming, growing guild of dragons of all flights. A place that will help her grow and teach her the ins and outs of being a true dragon and a protector of Azeroth and it's magic.
Affiliations: The blue dragon flight, The kirin tor of dalaran, The wyrmrest accord, Dragons, and mages.

Attitude/Behaviour: Frosty, Careful, observant, loyal.
Key traits: Loyal, careful, fierce, passionate.
Respect for authority: Being a young dragon Aerigosa is quite rebellious and can be often defiant but ultimately will respect authority as long as they are not corrupt with it.
Character Personality: Aerigosa can be closed off and distant to those she meets at first, this is because she prefers to get to know a person before she opens up. But in truth, Aerigosa is a kind person at heart and due to her still being somewhat young for a dragon she finds herself quite fascinated with mortals and what they do. She often takes the personality of a big sister, often mothering her friends and those who she is really close with.
IRL-Person Personality: I am an open laid back person who is willing to learn and adapt my character. I am fun, funny, and a chill person to get along with. I'm up for most things and will always be a friend to those who need it!
Hobbies: Reading, Practicing magic, Scholar.
Future desired position: Wyrm or Elder Wyrm
Common spells: Arcane blast, arcane explosion, Arcane barrage
Prestige spells: Arcane fissures: Aerigosa slams her staff into the ground and begins to pour her magical energy into the ground. This energy makes the earth beneath her enemies and allies become unstable and fissures to form. These fissures will leak arcane energy that will damage anyone near. The user will then cause the fissures to explode by filling it with too much energy || Arcane whip: Aerigosa is able to break down her staff and turn it into a magical arcane whip. Allowing her to displace her enemy and cause great damage from afar. She is able to use this in tandem with Aerigosa's fury to increase her chances of landing the devastating ability by stunning them or snaring them. This ability is often used when she is low on mana. But not always. || Telekinesis: Aerigosa begins to change the space around the specified object(s) and is able to move them in any direction she wishes with as much speed she desires.
Backstory Summary:Aerigosa was born into a brood of one Malygos's children. She was born as a late bloomer and would not officially hatch until a few years after they did. Due to this, her magic was fairly weak and she could barely keep a humanoid form for longer than four hours a day. Due to this, she would be singled out and was made an outcast within her flight, a runt. Being treated this way during her childhood would cause Aerigosa to grow up to be quite distrusting of others and quite frosty. But even with her being the runt of her brood and being weaker during her childhood she was still able to grow up to become a master in the art of magic and a healthy blue dragon.

The Burning Crusade would prove to be a very interesting time for Aerigosa. She had a bit more knowledge of magic and was proving to be a quick study (As one of her flight should be). She would soon express a rather cocky attitude, she walked around thinking she could take the whole burning legion on herself. She would soon find out that this was not the case as she could be seriously injured in battle, suffering a nasty scar down her back. Due to her serious injury, she was in recovery for the remaining events of TBC.

She would also spend a large chunk of the lich king's reign training and would only offer minimal support throughout the events of WotLK. Word soon surfaced that she was of Malygos's brood and after the nexus wars this would cause her to be watched very closely. She was torn between two sides and did not know if she should stand with those who sought to keep magic or if she should work by her grandfather and rid Azeroth of it entirely. She had many talks with a few members of her flight who were as torn as she was. It was not until she met Kalecgos that her views began to change for the better. One morning she was nearly detained for simply walking in the public eye and would have been sent to the violet hold if it not for Kalecgos's intervention. The soon to be the aspect of magic would vouch for her which made her incredibly loyal to him and his cause. She would come to openly support him and although she did not attend the selection of the selection of the aspect, he had her full support.

The cataclysm would prove to be one of the hardest battles of her life. She had mastered all that her teachers had to teach her and with Deathwing now free she would give every ounce of her being, every drop of magic to eradicate the one responsible for killing her mother and nearly wiping out her flight. Once Deathwing fell and the aspects had fulfilled their ancient duty she could feel the change not only in the aspects but within them as well. It was hard to explain, one could describe it as feeling 'empty' or not the same. This revelation that all dragons were made infertile sent her into a depression and nearly broke her mind completely. She began to fear death and feared for the future of her people. Due to her depression, Aerigosa spent most of the events in seclusion, only resurfacing after Gul'dan's death.
First time at dragon roleplay? First time
(IC) Reason to join: To remain safe and practice her magic and to connect with more of those in her flight
(OOC) Reason to join: To not only learn more about dragon lore but to meet a vast majority of open-minded and cool people. Oh and of course to roleplay!
Are you aware of the guild rules, the content of the Tome of Ancient Times forum and the lore of your dragonflight?: Dragonflight: Yes Tome of ancient times: Yes Guild rules: Yes
Have you understood current timeline of Heartwing?: Yes
Do you fully understand the lore of your dragonflight, and other essential lore information: Yes
Last edited by SunflowerQueen on Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:16 pm, edited 10 times in total.

Shendormu
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Re: [Drake] Aerigosa

Post#2 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:31 pm

Greetings Areigosa!

I am Shendormu, an Officer of Heartwing, and will review your application today.

While I'm reviewing your application, I'll be using a certain color code. Green will show exceptionally good things I like about the application, Yellow will show things that'll need further explanation, and Red shows things that have to be drastically changed. So let's get started.
Adulthood: Drake
You've stated that her age is 489 years old, but a drake matures into a dragon at the age of 100 years old.
Affiliations: Azeroth and her children
That's it? If she's indeed 489 years old she surely has more affiliations that these two. What about the accord? The blue dragonflight? Dalaran? Other mortal factions?
Prestige spells: None reported
Should be reported by that time, she's way beyond drakehood, which is when most begin to develop their special abilities.
Backstory Summary: . . .
Requires more depth. How did she get out of stasis? Why does she strive to suddenly protect all draconic life even though she's occasionally mean and frosty? Does this include the black dragonflight and the netherwings? If so why? I suggest you rewrite the backstory.
Are you aware of the guild rules, the content of the Tome of Ancient Times forum and the lore of your dragonflight?: No
Unacceptable. In order to apply to Heartwing you must be aware of the mentioned above.
Have you understood current timeline of Heartwing?: No
Same issue as the above. Unacceptable.

I deem this application as pending. It requires a complete overhaul, in my opinion, gives it more depth, more story. It'll only benefit your character and will make her significantly more enjoyable to RP.
If need be, you can add Jes#0001 (Asherystrasz, guild leader), Goose#3297 (myself), Ritual#9682 (Imani) on Discord to further clarify your character or otherwise ask questions.

Sincerely,
-Shendormu.
Characters:

Shendormu: Alive
Varethius: Alive

Shendormu
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Re: [Drake] Aerigosa

Post#3 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:18 pm

After the necessary alterations have been made, I deem this application as accepted. Welcome to Heartwing! An invitation to the guild's discord will be sent shortly.
Characters:

Shendormu: Alive
Varethius: Alive

Return to “Applications”