[Matured Dragon] Zaranormi

If you are interested in joining the guild this is the topic to post your application. Make sure to have read the rules and the lore of Heartwing before posting.
Zaranormi
Newcomer
Newcomer

[Matured Dragon] Zaranormi

Post#1 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:02 pm

Dragonflight: Bronze Dragonflight
Dragon Name: Zaranormi
Aliases: "Zara" "Zaraka Thunderheart"
Adulthood: Matured Dragon
Loyalty(-ies): The Bronze Dragonflight, her friends.
View of Heartwing: Zaranormi holds great respect for the Heartwing and their cause of protecting this world and providing a sanctuary for dragons of all flights of noble intent.
Behaviour: Zaranormi, being a younger dragon, is incredibly inquisitive and welcoming of strangers. She takes great enjoyment in mingling with the mortal races and has made numerous friends amongst their number as a result. She can be considered a tad eccentric by her draconic peers, but none can deny her heart is a noble one, and in the right place.
Key traits: Friendly, inquisitive, sociable, scholarly!
Respect for authority: Zaranormi, despite her eccentricities, is quite loyal to her flight and other dragons, though if she feels a friend or someone she cares about is being threatened or in danger, she won't hesitate to stand in their defense or go to their aid, even if it might go against her orders.
Character Personality: Zaranormi is quite the quirky dragoness. She's fun, sociable and enjoys mingling with mortals. She's also dedicated to her study of the timeways, particularly alternate realities formed due to special circumstances. The alternate Draenor ignited her interest in such a subject, and as a result shaped her chosen mortal guise.
Hobbies: Studying the timeways, socializing with mortals and her friends, collecting relics of interest to her.
Character progression goal(s): Her only real goal is to aid her flight, ensure the continued existance of dragonkind and protect Azeroth. My goal for the character is to see where her experiences might take her. She's a plucky young dragoness who feels like she's got much to prove for herself, and I'm quite eager to see where her story might take her.
Common spells: Lightning Breath
Prestige spells: Slow Time
Character most challenged at: While capable in a fight, Zara's magical knowledge is largely limited to the manipulation and exploration of alternate realities. As such she'll commonly rely on her breath and her body in a fight, leaving her a tad vulnerable to magical opponents.
Backstory Summary: Born four hundred and ninety eight years ago, Zaradormi is part of the younger generation of Bronze Dragons. Tutored by her elders in the magic and duties of the Bronze Dragonflight from a young age, Zaradormi showed a knack for weaving through the timeways to study alternate realities and histories. She has also had modest participation in several key historical events in the last few hundred years. During the Battle of Grim Batol, Zaranormi provided useful intelligence to Alliance forces to aid in their freeing of the dragon queen, Alexstrasza. When the events of the Third War occured, Zaranormi refused to stand idly by as the Scourge ran rampant across Lordaeron, and made efforts to help small groups of refugees find their way to safety through the droves of undead through the clever usage of time manipulation. In the recent Cataclysm, she answered her Aspect's call to arms, aiding the Cenarion Circle at Mount Hyjal against the predations of the Firelord Ragnaros and his fiery hordes.

The recent invasion of the Iron Horde from the alternate Draenor proved of particular interest to Zaranormi, and she dedicated herself to studying how such alternate worlds can come to exist, and somehow stably interact with the main timeline without causing damage to the timeways. Such research came to a halt during the Legion invasion, where she provided her aid to agents of the Uncrowned to aid their efforts to fight against the Legion. The arrival of Argus proved both terrifying and yet fascinating to Zaranormi, especially the nature of the dimensional rift that allowed both planets to be so close to one another yet so far. The temporal mechanics alone of such a spell aided her own research greatly.
First time at dragon roleplay? I've roleplayed a blue dragoness before! I think I've roleplayed a black dragoness too, back when Div-X was still about.
(IC) Reason to join: Zaradormi is looking to interact and mingle with her draconic brethren of all flights in the hopes of gaining their assistance with her work, and also out of respect and admiration for the Heartwing's cause of protecting fellow dragons and their world from all manner of dangers. A task she would gladly offer her aid to.
(OOC) Reason to join: I've been eager to roleplay a dragon after a long break from such, and I've heard extremely good things about Heartwing!
Timezone/Availability I'm in britain, so BST. I'm also presently unemployed, and with the current Coronavirus crisis going on I've got a LOT of free time on my hands.
Are you aware of the guild rules, the content of the Tome of Ancient Times forum and the lore of your dragonflight?: I am!
Have you understood current timeline of Heartwing?: I have!
Do you fully understand the lore of your dragonflight, and other essential lore information: I do!
Is your real life age over the age of 13?: I'm twenty three!
Last edited by Zaranormi on Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Asherystrasz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: [Matured Dragon] Zaranormi

Post#2 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:24 am

Hello Zaranormi,

I am Asherystrasz, guild leader of Heartwing and I've personally assigned myself to review your application.

To give a rundown of what each color coding means.
Red means something that is not acceptable and needs to be changed before entering the guild.
Yellow is something that needs to be elaborated or is questionable.
Green means something we highly approve of and should set an example.
Aliases: "Zara"
Is this the only alias she has gone by? By your description of your character, she seems to be one to take a likeness to be among mortal societies.
Behaviour: Zaranormi, being a younger dragon, is incredibly inquisitive and welcoming of strangers. She takes great enjoyment in mingling with the mortal races and has made numerous friends amongst their number as a result. She can be considered a tad eccentric by her draconic peers, but none can deny her heart is a noble one, and in the right place.
Very descriptive!
Character progression goal(s): Her only real goal is to aid her flight, ensure the continued existance of dragonkind and protect Azeroth.
This part is also referring to how you, yourself as roleplayer would like to see your character progress to, such as facing past traumas or reclaim something lost, or possible a whole third thing.
Prestige spells: None
Prestige spells refer to your most powerful spells. It can be anything from lesser time magic to sand magic. Such as creating mirror images one of self from sand or slowing down the actions of enemies for a short time. You would always have one spell that is more powerful than your other, and we would like to know what people are capable of before finding it out in the middle of roleplay!

Backstory Summary: Born four hundred and ninety eight years ago, Zaradormi is part of the younger generation of Bronze Dragons. Tutored by her elders in the magic and duties of the Bronze Dragonflight from a young age, Zaradormi showed a knack for weaving through the timeways to study alternate realities and histories. The recent invasion of the Iron Horde from the alternate Draenor proved of particular interest to Zaradormi, and she has dedicated herself to studying how such alternate worlds can come to exist, and somehow stably interact with the main timeline without causing damage to the timeways.
Five hundred years is still quite a lot for any lifespan. Your character has lived through events, that while they haven't been directly part of it, still could've influenced her in some way or another.

What I would be most interested in hearing where your character was during following events:
The Battle of Grim Batol - https://wow.gamepedia.com/The_Battle_of ... _Warcraft)
The events of the Third War - https://wow.gamepedia.com/Warcraft_III:_Reign_of_Chaos
Very important to know: The Shattering & the Cataclysm, when all dragons were called to war - https://wow.gamepedia.com/World_of_Warcraft:_Cataclysm

And what has your character been doing so far in Legion up until joining Heartwing and how did your character react to seeing Argus in the sky over Azeroth?
https://wow.gamepedia.com/World_of_Warcraft:_Legion

(IC) Reason to join: Zaradormi is looking to interact and mingle with her draconic brethren of all flights in the hopes of gaining their assistance with her work, and also out of respect and admiration for the Heartwing's cause of protecting fellow dragons and their world from all manner of dangers. A task she would gladly offer her aid to.
Very good reason!

I think you have a very good basis for your character, and because of it, it comes to great desire to know more about it, we would more than like to welcome you into our guild once you have elaborated a little bit more on your backstory as well as clarified the comments in yellow. I have therefore set your application on pending.

When you so have clarified or added more to your backstory, I will set this application to be accepted.

Thank you so much for your time in applying to Heartwing!
- Asherystrasz, Guild Leader of Heartwing
[Alive] Aerenstrasz - Leader of Heartwing
[Alive] Aerdranstrasz - Child of Aeren
[Alive] Azraelstrasz- Second son of Asherystrasz - Not part of Heartwing

[Deceased] Asherystrasz - Retired leader of Heartwing
[Deceased] Hydrastrasz - Former Leader of Heartwing

Zaranormi
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post#3 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:13 pm

Edits made! Let me know if anything else needs tweaking.

Asherystrasz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#4 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:27 pm

Hi Zaranormi!

After hearing of your changes to the comments we've pointed out.

It is my pleasure to let you, that your application has been accepted.

Please contact the administration by adding us on Discord at jes#0001 (me) or Bryce Felaine (Fuzzy#9062), this will give you an invite to our Discord and also then coordinate a point in which we can invite you to the guild in-game.

Thank you so much for your time in applying to Heartwing,
- Asherystrasz
[Alive] Aerenstrasz - Leader of Heartwing
[Alive] Aerdranstrasz - Child of Aeren
[Alive] Azraelstrasz- Second son of Asherystrasz - Not part of Heartwing

[Deceased] Asherystrasz - Retired leader of Heartwing
[Deceased] Hydrastrasz - Former Leader of Heartwing

Return to “Applications”