[Matured Dragon] Aristrasza

If you are interested in joining the guild this is the topic to post your application. Make sure to have read the rules and the lore of Heartwing before posting.
Greenfires
Newcomer
Newcomer

[Matured Dragon] Aristrasza

Post#1 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:56 am

Dragonflight: Red Dragonflight
Dragon Name: Aristrasza
Aliases: Ari, Enola Lightsinger
Adulthood: Matured Dragon
Loyalty(-ies): The Red Flight
View of Heartwing: She has a sceptical view of Heartwing.
But she does understand their drive to unite and fight for Azeroth.
Behaviour: Ari is a very loving and Motherly person, feeling a need to take care of dragons and people younger than her. This does however, also means that she is a very fierce fighter and doesn't think twice about killing to protect those under her wing.
Of course, she does know how to respect boundaries, and leave a person space to breathe. Though, she tends to get fussy with people she loves. Wanting to make sure they are at least well.
If a person is on her bad side though, she can be colder than any frostbolt.
Key traits:
Respect for authority: Aristrasza has a great respect for Authority, although she also doesn't shy away from speaking out against things that go against her morals.
Character Personality: Aristrasza is polite and thoughtful, wanting nothing more than to help and heal. This does not mean,that she is soft, though. Quite the opposite.
She isn't afraid of violence, she just doesn't embrace it.
She also is always up for a joke, or a prank, having a bit of a mischievous streak in her. It isn't hard for her, to see the good in people, without being naive. Though she does, sometimes bet on the wrong horse.
Hobbies: Knitting, reading, sunbathing.
Character progression goal(s): Processing the loss of her son, with the help of the people who were there in his dying moments. She knows, that something is wrong, since his letters to her stopped. But she has never received any informations, as to what.
Common spells: Heal/Flashheal. Fireball
Prestige spells: Power infusion. It is an empowering spell, giving a person a push in energy. It lasts about 5 minutes, and has a range of around 15 feet. Strenght of the spell depends on amount of energy she gives.
Character most challenged at: In physical fights
Backstory Summary: Aristrasza was born in the year -95 and was taught from a young age, how to tend to the Eggs of her queen. She was happy with her life, showing a natural talent for healing and a great caring personality. Though, not always was it easy. She was almost exclusively restricted to her duty, making it hard, to impossible for her to really make connections.
But still, she found a friend, in a young Dragon named Mikostrasz. He was the one, luring her out of her bubble of work. Showing her how the world outside of the caves worked. The relationship was one of strong, platonic love, and deep respect for eachother.
They had not much involvement in the mortal world or their history, being more passive watchers, than active participants.
That was, until the Dragonmaw-clan attacked and enslaved her flight. Mikostrasz was on eof the first ones to warn her, having been attacked by them on one of his flights.
Wounded and close to death, he found his friend, desperate to save her.
She managed to flee toward Northrend, with only a single, tiny egg in her claws.
Desperately, she tried to keep it warm so it'd develop fully.
But the damage was done, and the hatchlings growth was stunted.
Though that didn't matter for Ari. She always had lovedevery single egg, she had taken care of. But none had taken her heart in a way, the young Durustrasz had done. For the first time, in this little, icy cave, Aristrasza felt like a mother.
She taught the Hatchling everything she knew, thought his talent for Magic was ... small, to say the least.
Five years later, she returned with Durustrasz. Hoping to show her son, the life of a dragon in the red flight. But it would not come to that. They both could not reconnect to their flight, Duru having a harder time than she did.
It broke Aris heart, to let her son go. But she could not hold him back. He did not belong to his flight... or at least he felt this way.
She returned to her work as a caretaker, but it felt strange, going back to her life, just like that.

The years seemed to fly by, Aristrasza paying little to no mind towards the mortals, and their lives. That was, until the return of Deathwing. She fought with her flight against the corrupted dragon, losing many friends and loved ones in those battles. She herself didn't get away without any inuries. A long scar runs along her side, from her shoulder, to the root of her tail.
Although her wound was sealed with magic, it took her a long time to recover from it with magic. And even to this day, she seems to have moments of struggle with it.

After Deathwing was defeated, and the flights have lost their immortality, Ari began to travel. In the disguise of a tauren woman, she traveled the lands of Kalimdor, taking in the culture and way of life, of the people she encountered.
She had never seen Mortal life, as something special. But in those small moments, she shared with others around the fire, she knew how important it was.
She decided to get back into action, training her body and mind for the fight. By the time, the legion invaded, she was ready, joining the horde as a seemingly normal healer.
First time at dragon roleplay? I DO HAVE EXPIRIENCE
(IC) Reason to join: She is dissatisfied, with her flight doing nothing to help against the Legion. In the letters, her son wrote her, there was always one name that fell: Heartwing.
He told her about their work for the world.
After his letters stopped, she began to search for them. Partially out of her need to find out about Durustrasz, and partially because she couldn't sit still anymore and watch the legion invade the world.
(OOC) Reason to join: I already was in before, so...yeah
Timezone/Availability Central european standard time.
And i should be available in the evenings and weekends
Are you aware of the guild rules, the content of the Tome of Ancient Times forum and the lore of your dragonflight?: yes i am
Have you understood current timeline of Heartwing?: Yes i do
Do you fully understand the lore of your dragonflight, and other essential lore information: Yes i do
Is your real life age over the age of 13?: Yes it is.
Last edited by Greenfires on Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bryce Felaine
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Re: [Matured Dragon] Aristrasza

Post#2 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:14 pm

Hello Aristrasza,

I am Bryce Felaine, officer of Heartwing and I've been assigned to review your application.

To give a rundown of what each color coding means.
Red means something that is not acceptable and needs to be changed before entering the guild.
Yellow is something that needs to be elaborated or is questionable.
Green means something we highly approve of and should set an example.

Behaviour: Ari is a very loving and Motherly person, feeling a need to take care of dragons and people younger than her. This does however, also means that she is a very fierce fighter and doesn't think twice about killing to protect those under her wing.
Of course, she does know how to respect boundaries, and leave a person space to breathe. Though, she tends to get fussy with people she loves. Wanting to make sure they are at least well.
If a person is on her bad side though, she can be colder than any frostbolt.
Very descriptive behaviour displaying how she interacts with the world. Nice!
Character progression goal(s): Processing the loss of her son, with the help of the people who were there in his dying moments.
So is her son dead and she is aware or missing? The other part of your application seemed to indicate she was trying to find him.
Prestige spells: Power infusion
Could use some description on this spell, what does it do and what kind of range does it have? How long does it last and how long does it take to cast? Things like this.
Backstory Summary: Aristrasza was born in the year -95 and was taught from a young age, how to tend to the Eggs of her queen. She was happy with her life, showing a natural talent for healing and a great caring personality.
She saw countless dragons hatch, in her time as Egg tender.
That was, until the Dragonmaw-clan attacked and enslaved her flight.
This is 100 years of life but it feels a little bare. Did she experience any hardship during this time? What skills did she learn during this time? In the leadup to the enslavement did she have an inkling that something had gone wrong, enabling her to flee before she was also enslaved? Would like to see this part fleshed out a little more. Rest of the backstory looks good.
(IC) Reason to join: She is dissatisfied, with her flight doing nothing to help against the Legion. Thus, although reluctantly, she wants to join Heartwing.
She also wants to know, what happened to her son, Durustrasz
Happy with this, clear goals, both guildwise, and personal for the character, but would like some clarification on how she knows of Heartwing. Otherwise great reasoning!

Overall I think this is a solid character you have created. However, there is some vagueness on the story side and certain details I'd love to see fleshed out. For now, I have set your application to pending.
Once you have elaborated on some of the points I have mentioned above, I will set this application to be approved.

Thank you so much for taking the time to apply to Heartwing!
-Bryce Felaine, Officer of Heartwing

Greenfires
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post#3 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:03 am

I edited it

Bryce Felaine
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Post#4 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:24 pm

Hi Aristrasza,

I feel with the edits you have made, you have fleshed out the backstory quite a bit, and I am looking forward to learning more about you ICly.
Your application has now been accepted.

Return to “Applications”