[Matured Dragon] Eristrasza

If you are interested in joining the guild this is the topic to post your application. Make sure to have read the rules and the lore of Heartwing before posting.
EmbyrFlayre
Newcomer
Newcomer

[Matured Dragon] Eristrasza

Post#1 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:00 am

Dragonflight: Red Dragonflight
Dragon Name: Birth name is Eris, Dragon name is Eristrasza
Aliases: Eris
Adulthood: Matured Dragon
Loyalty(-ies): Loyal to Alexstrasza, and The Red Dragonflight
View of Heartwing: She had heard of it in her travels, and Actively searched it out, Looking for others like her.
Behaviour: When mortals are involved she will not mention she is a dragon, If asked or the topic gets brought up somehow with a mortal she will deny it. She isn't much of a people person at all and usually will try to avoid them.
Key traits: Reclusive, tentative, Standoffish, Understanding.
Respect for authority: If someone were to speak to her in an authority kind of way, especially if she thought they were wrong, she may get a bit argumentative, but usually if they snap at her she stops, She isn't one to completely step out of line unless it was something she completely believed in.
Character Personality: She is a bit of a hot head, but after some time to think and process she usually can be reasoned with. She cares deeply for how other dragons think of her and tends to worry about it way to much. Sometimes she is way to quick to jump to a conclusion and it sometimes backfires in her face.
Hobbies: Eris will mostly keep to herself, but sometimes you can catch her in a tavern telling people tall tales about things that truly never happened to her. But she means well.
Character progression goal(s): I would like to see her maybe come out of her shell a bit. Open up and find her bigger calling, her true purpose.
Common spells: Eris will usually use her fire breath in a healing or reanimating case, Although if she gets mad enough, She tends to burn everything around her. She usually feels bad about it after.
Prestige spells: She did have a tutor in Arcane magic, but the most she paid attention to learn in that class was how to make her horns glow so she can see in the dark.
Character most challenged at: She feels like she cares far to much about how others see her, and most times it affects her judgement in how she should react, and usually the way she reacts is wrong.
Backstory Summary: Eristrasza was born with 2 siblings, Lyastrasza and Derastrasz. She was the largest of the 3, with Lya being the runt. When Eris was a whelp and around the time that the Earthen ring was forming, she left home with no intention of returning. She was gone for a while until she had caught wind of a Shadowmoon clan close by her at the time estate. Not liking it being so close to her home she investigated it, and found both her brother, sister and her parents strung up from hooks, and strung upon spikes. It enraged her. She lost control and from then forward spent her days fighting against the Shadowmoon clans, having nothing left now. After the Third war ended, she decided to "Retire". Now mostly spending her days in her mortal form, getting drunk in bars and going from inn to inn. Until one day she was sitting in the inn around the fire when the group of dragons she had been searching for was brought up. Heartwing. To mortals just a group of mercenaries. But to another dragon, she knew better. She pursued what she had heard until it brought her here.
First time at dragon roleplay? I have experience
(IC) Reason to join: Eris desperately wanted a new start, somewhere where she could fight and live with a purpose, not to be judged or attacked for her opinions. She wanted to be with others who were like her, after spending so much time with the mortals. She also wanted time to grieve. After loosing her parents and siblings she killed who she thought was to blame without looking at the bigger picture.
(OOC) Reason to join: I am actually already in heartwing, but not as a red dragon and wanted to try it.
Timezone/Availability My time zone is CST, but my sleep schedule is kinda all over the place.
Are you aware of the guild rules, the content of the Tome of Ancient Times forum and the lore of your dragonflight?: yes
Have you understood current timeline of Heartwing?: yes
Do you fully understand the lore of your dragonflight, and other essential lore information: yes
Is your real life age over the age of 13?: I turn 21 in 3 days, so yes. XD

Bryce Felaine
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Re: [Matured Dragon] Eristrasza

Post#2 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:47 pm

Hello Aristrasza,

I am Bryce Felaine, officer of Heartwing and I've been assigned to review your application.

To give a rundown of what each color coding means.
Red means something that is not acceptable and needs to be changed before entering the guild.
Yellow is something that needs to be elaborated or is questionable.
Green means something we highly approve of and should set an example.
Behaviour: When mortals are involved she will not mention she is a dragon, If asked or the topic gets brought up somehow with a mortal she will deny it. She isn't much of a people person at all and usually will try to avoid them.
Solid description of her personality regarding mortals, but would like some more detail on how she responds to other dragons, in particular, how is she around the various flights?
Character most challenged at: She feels like she cares far to much about how others see her, and most times it affects her judgement in how she should react, and usually the way she reacts is wrong.
This is a good character flaw, and helps dictate the characters reactions in a lot of social situations, interested to see if her care of how others sees her extends to mortals and if so, how it differs.
Common spells: Eris will usually use her fire breath in a healing or reanimating case, Although if she gets mad enough, She tends to burn everything around her. She usually feels bad about it after.
Can you elaborate on Reanimating?
Prestige spells: She did have a tutor in Arcane magic, but the most she paid attention to learn in that class was how to make her horns glow so she can see in the dark.
So how long can this ability last? How far does her horn glow reveal?
Backstory Summary: Eristrasza was born with 2 siblings, Lyastrasza and Derastrasz. She was the largest of the 3, with Lya being the runt. When Eris was a whelp and around the time that the Earthen ring was forming, she left home with no intention of returning. She was gone for a while until she had caught wind of a Shadowmoon clan close by her at the time estate. Not liking it being so close to her home she investigated it, and found both her brother, sister and her parents strung up from hooks, and strung upon spikes. It enraged her. She lost control and from then forward spent her days fighting against the Shadowmoon clans, having nothing left now. After the Third war ended, she decided to "Retire". Now mostly spending her days in her mortal form, getting drunk in bars and going from inn to inn. Until one day she was sitting in the inn around the fire when the group of dragons she had been searching for was brought up. Heartwing. To mortals just a group of mercenaries. But to another dragon, she knew better. She pursued what she had heard until it brought her here.
This backstory needs to be far longer for a character aged 350 years. What was her relationship with her sibilings and parents? Where did she grow up until she left? Why did she leave the family? How many battles did she fight against the shadowmoon clans, and where did she learn to fight? How long did she spend inside of inns and what made her initially start her search for Heartwing? There is a lot of unanswered information and large gaps in time that need to be addressed.

I think there is a good start for a character here, but would definitely need to see more in the form of the backstory and the various parts I've highlighted above. At this time I will set this application to Pending while you work on these points, Once you have elaborated on some of the points I have mentioned above, I will re-review your application.

Thank you so much for taking the time to apply to Heartwing!
-Bryce Felaine, Officer of Heartwing

Return to “Applications”