[Ice Troll] Zala'Drak

If you are interested in joining the guild this is the topic to post your application. Make sure to have read the rules and the lore of Heartwing before posting.
hahahe1234
Newcomer
Newcomer

[Ice Troll] Zala'Drak

Post#1 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:25 pm

Name: Zala'Drak
Race: Ice Troll
Class: Shaman (Formerly), Warrior
Dragonsworn?: Not Dragonsworn
Dragonflight Alignment: None
Physique Type: Slim, robust
Choice of magic: Ice (Formerly), None
Language(s): Zandali, Common
Character Personality: Cautious, light-hearted, respectful
Easily intimidated by authority
IRL Personality: .
Ì̤͙̬̺̯̄͊̈́̚͜͡t̸̝͈͓̙̍̈̂̽̒̊̓͛͜͠'̜͈̦͚̟̖̲͍̐̔̉̐͌́̑s̛̮͈̜͍̰̫̙͈͍̽̑͌̿͐̒̚͜͡ m̷̧̡͈̹̘͓͍͕̔͒͆̃́̍̎͆͠ę̼̲̳̭̘̯̀̉͋̓̾͢͠ͅ
Interest(s): Self-preservation, philosophy
Minor spell(s): Troll Regeneration, various standard mortal physical feats
Prestige spell(s): Remnants of Mam'toth (Enhanced Strength and Stamina)
Backstory: Zala'Drak was formerly a devoted follower of Mam'toth and part of the Drakkari troll tribe. After the majority of his tribe made the decision to sacrifice their sacred Loas in order to gain more power to combat the encroaching Scourge, Zala'Drak was one of the few who spoke out against the act and as a result, they was sentenced to execution. He and many others escaped Zul'Drak, in hopes of one day, they can return to their homeland and rebuild their fallen empire.

Zala'Drak managed to make it to Venture Bay, he sold all his valuables to afford a ship to Booty Bay. As soon as he boarded the ship and started to settle down, he felt a sharp pain in his mind, a feeling of emptiness he can't quite explain. He tried to meditate, calling out to Mam'toth, pleading for wisdom, but received only silence from the spirit realm. Zala'Drak only found out much later that his revered Loa had been destroyed, physically and spiritually. As the boat sailed further and further away from Northrend, he felt that his connection with the elemental spirits of Northrend fading, until eventually, he felt nothing at all.

In the years following his departure of Zul'Drak and Northrend, Zala'Drak struggled to maintain his will to continue living and his resolve to perhaps one day return home. During his time within Booty Bay, Zala'Drak learned to wield a blade. He took on many odd jobs, earning and saving up coin until he have enough to set sail back to Northrend.

When the time came and his patience has run out, he had barely enough coin to afford a ride on a vessel owned by the Blackwater Raiders. He packed up everything he had and they started to set sail towards Northrend. As soon as Zala'Drak felt the chill winds blowing across his face, the Raiders threw him overboard, onto a small dinghy. The pirates took everything he had and left him with only the discarded junk already on the boat and a wooden oar.

He is outraged, but can do nothing but watched helplessly as the pirate ship sailed away without him. Zala'Drak drifted for hours, sitting there and staring at the darkening sky, before he caught sight of a small object in the corner of his eye. It was a landmass, he excitedly starts rowing towards land, it was possible that he was closer to Northrend than he thought. The closer he got, more and more of his hope turned into despair when he realized that this landmass was merely an island, a large one, but still an island.
He docked and survived on the island for several weeks until he encountered the members of Heartwing.
This island was Mithres Alymna.
(IC) How much does your mortal know about dragons?: Dragons are extremely powerful creatures and making enemies of them is a death wish.
(OOC) How much does you know about dragon lore?: All canon lore, even some from supposed non-canon sources
(IC) Reason to join Trying to befriend the dragons by aiding them with his knowledge of alchemy and first aid so that they would not eat him.
(OOC) Reason to join This is one of the most thought-out characters i have.
Having him part of Heartwing, just in case...
What other roleplay have you done before this character? Experienced roleplayer
Are you aware of the guild rules, the content of the Tome of Ancient Times forum and the lore of your dragonflight?: Yes
Have you understood current timeline of Heartwing?: Yes
Do you fully understand the lore of your dragonflight, and other essential lore information: Yes

Vyrna
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Re: [Ice Troll] Zala'Drak

Post#2 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:23 pm

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to apply to Heartwing!

I'll be the one evaluating your application, but before I do I want to help you understand the process of how we do things. I will be highlighting any points I find questionable, unacceptable, or simply bits that I loved.

Red is unacceptable by any means and should be changed.
Yellow is questionable and just needs a bit of clarification.
Green is remarkable and something we approve of.

The closer he got, more and more of his hope turned into despair when he realized that this landmass was merely an island, a large one, but still an island.
He docked and survived on the island for several weeks until he encountered the members of Heartwing.
This island was Mithres Alymna.

This is a bit questionable. The reason being is because of the sentries flying overhead scouting for any intruders, and the fact that Mithres Alymna does not have a shore. It's surrounded by sharp rocks that ships have been wrecked by. If you could speak with me in a PM over Discord, I'd love to help you come up with a better way of how he could've made it.
(OOC) How much do you know about dragon lore?: All canon lore, even some from supposed non-canon sources

This is minor, but I'd like for a bit of clarification on it. What is this non-canon lore and do you plan on using it in roleplay?

I do not see anything else that is out of the ordinary, so I'm going to go ahead and accept this application! Please message any officers, or Asherystrasz for an invite to the guild.

Happy roleplaying!
    [Alive] V y r n a s t r a s z a - The Knight
    [Alive]
    A m n u d o r m u - The Sandwyrm
    [Alive] S a p h i r a g o s a - The Spellweaver

Return to “Applications”