[Mortal] Carina Sparks

If you are interested in joining the guild this is the topic to post your application. Make sure to have read the rules and the lore of Heartwing before posting.
Tokei
Newcomer
Newcomer

[Mortal] Carina Sparks

Post#1 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:24 pm

ImageImageImageImage
Reference Pictures

Image Image

ImageImageImageImage

Basic Information

Race: Human.
Name: Carina Sparks
Class: Mage.
Loyalty (-ies): Kirin Tor, Dalaran, The Alliance.

ImageImageImageImage

IC Information

What does your character know about Heartwing?: She has taken the initiative to try to explore anything dragon-related, regardless of whether it was fruitless or not. Thanks to a teacher that carefully studied those subjects, she was offered information about Heartwing and given suggestions on how to proceed further if she were to be interested.

What is your character's history with dragons?: She was greatly affected by the Nexus Wars at a very young age, since she has lived in Dalaran for her whole life. It is a very complicated thing, but she now shows interest in finding more about them first-hand.

What dragonflight does your character feel most aligned with?: Blue dragonflight.

Affiliations: Kirin Tor, Dalaran.

Professions: Explorer, Simple Conjurer and Diviner.

Respect for authority: Definitely a very spunky and strange individual, but she knows better than to disobey the wrong person.

Fundamentals

Describe your character's personality: Carina is quite active, curious and extremely happy at times. She is definitely outgoing and sociable, but can become a bit taken aback when stumbling upon non-mortals. She is definitely very ignorant when it comes to social poise/manners, but there is clearly no malice behind it. This cheerful facade is mostly put up as a way to cover a miserable emotional state, brought by feelings of sadness and mourning.

Describe your own personality: Hi hi! Heh, player person here I guess. . . I love weaving stories, learning along and becoming healthily invested in other people's characters. I am quite introverted and it's easy for me to feel a great deal of anxiety (especially around new people), but I try my damnedest to be nice and make sure people feel happy and welcome!

Your character's hobbies: She is a bookworm and loves crafting little trinkets, she has started to acquire a knack for engineering and enjoys creating little mechanisms and toys in her spare time. . . Careful if she wants to test something though, run far, FAR away!

Character occupation: With the most basic of the basic magical educations under her belt, she retired from her studies for quite some time, which she used to work at the Dalaran Library part-time until she decided to contribute to its fountain of knowledge by exploring things herself.

Known/frequently used abilities/spells: Detect Magic, Conjure Refreshment/Food/Water, Basic Scrying.

Special/prestige spells/abilities of your character: Farseeing Divination (Grants sight of objects & far-away locations. It is extremely strong, but Carina is extremely vulnerable in this state and she will lose consciousness if she is using said spell for too long.)

Summary of backstory: Carina Sparks was born and raised in Dalaran, since a young age she had shown an incredible knack with magic and Divination, thus she was put into learning the arcane crafts as soon as possible. She was dotingly raised by a single father and her life was pretty average. Yes, extremely average, but happy. And she wished it would've stayed that way. . .

The Nexus Wars began. There was an unknown hatred that she had never seen in her father's eyes as the azure creatures accosted the floating city for the first time."Disgusting blue salamanders. . . No matter the colour, they just are never up to any good." She did not understand, but stayed quiet and disconcerted. Her father took great part in defending the city with the rest of the capable mages that were up to the task. But a particularly bad attack ended up taking her father's life. The sight of his last moments haunted and greatly traumatised her, but before he passed away he handed her a key. "See for yourself, my dear heart, and you will understand. . . Open the locked cabinet in the cellar. . . "

She never dared to unlock it for the longest time. As the conflict became to a standstill she was deep in mourning, to the point she even quit her studies and never really followed up afterwards. She was taken care of by an acquaintance of her father's who worked in Dalaran's Library, he facilitated for her to work there as an assistant to distract her from her sorrow. Carina just couldn't fathom or understand what drove her father to throw himself against the dragons with such blind rage. It was normal to want to defend your home from those attacking it, but for some reason the ordeal just. . . Never sat completely right, like if there was something amiss. As a way to aimlessly pass her time, she became a 'jack of all trades' of sorts, studying and taking up extremely basic conjuring, engineering, writing. . . Neglecting at the same time her natural-borne talent, unable to carry on with her actual studies due to the painful memories that came with them.

As time passed and she kept sinking down emotionally, she recalled her father's dying wish once again and made use of her divination skills to find the cabinet. When she did, a shocking truth was revealed. Thousands and thousands of records from her ancestors before they decided to settle in Dalaran, who chased and hunted down dragons for as long as they could register it. Now such hatred for them made sense, as all of this had been passed down to her father but he had his time cut short to pass it down to her. . . She had to admit, she had despised these creatures for the longest of time. It got bad enough until the point that it made her blood boil, but at the same time she realised that these feelings of spite just made her miserable. And the acknowledgement that so many years of hatred ended up taking her father's life away was just unbearable. She then reached a decision, she knew she had to break the chain.

With this new-found determination and wish of being given some form of closure, she decided to seek out something, anything to do with dragons so that she could finally work through these feelings, make herself useful and give a renewed sense of direction to her life. And who knows, maybe Heartwing really is just what she needs to keep going forward, as her story is still far from over. . .

ImageImageImageImage

OC Information

Have you fully read this guild's Tomes of Ancient Times forum, and are fully aware of the content of the guild's rules and content?: Yes.

Have you understood Heartwing's current timeline?: Yes.

Your character's reason to join Heartwing: She wants to break tradition and hopes that this chapter in her life will bring her closure.

What is your reason to join Heartwing: I have always wanted to become involved in dragon-related roleplay, since I am no expert in this then I wanted to be in this guild to have fun and learn! I have a true passion for stories, interesting plots and a relatively active community so I think that joining Heartwing would be the right decision to make.

Asherystrasz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: [Mortal] Carina Sparks

Post#2 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:04 pm

Hello Carina,

I am Asherystrasz, guild leader of Heartwing and I've personally assigned myself to review your application.

To give a rundown of what each color coding means.
Red means something that is not acceptable and needs to be changed before entering the guild.
Yellow is something that needs to be elaborated or is questionable.
Green means something we highly approve of and should set an example.

First I would like to properly say kudos for the time you've put into formatting this application. Your application was thrilling to read and a pleasure.

Backstory (...)
I really like the ambition behind the character. Only thing I would love to know myself what has she been doing since the Nexus War? What has she been doing in the Cataclysm, during Mists of Pandaria where the Kirin Tor was also heavily involved. How did she react to Theramore being ransacked and how Dalaran was used by the Horde to smuggle their war efforts? As well as the campaign on Draenor and the current Legion war. How does she feel about it?

Other than that. I think all of what you've said is really well and fits right into our little community. Application has been approved.

Please contact the administration by adding us on Discord at (Goose#3297 (Ofek) or Jes#0001 (me)), this will give you an invite to our Discord and also then coordinate a point in which we can invite you to the guild in-game.

Thank you so much for your time in applying to Heartwing,
- Asherystrasz
[Alive] Aerenstrasz - Leader of Heartwing
[Alive] Aerdranstrasz - Child of Aeren
[Alive] Azraelstrasz- Second son of Asherystrasz - Not part of Heartwing

[Deceased] Asherystrasz - Retired leader of Heartwing
[Deceased] Hydrastrasz - Former Leader of Heartwing

Tokei
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post#3 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:35 pm

It needs to be taken into account she is currently 19, when the Nexus War began she would've been 14. Since she did not end up fully finishing her education then she wouldn't have been sent to anything that was lore-relevant. She was considered a normal denizen and stayed within the city (Cataclism she would've been 15, Mists of Pandaria she would've been 17). Up until Legion she wouldn't have gotten seriously involved in anything that wasn't her usual routine (mainly due to, well, mourning and depression just affecting her). Like any normal civilian, she was mostly kept in the dark of the wider world by the acquaintance that took care of her and was too young to fully realize her own views in these issues as other matters overtook them.

Considering the obvious implications of how dire the situation was in Legion (which would've been around the time she unlocked the cabinet), she essentially just pulled up her boot-straps, decided to become more present/in the moment and get everything sorted out so she could go after her own pursuits!

Asherystrasz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#4 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:11 pm

Approved
[Alive] Aerenstrasz - Leader of Heartwing
[Alive] Aerdranstrasz - Child of Aeren
[Alive] Azraelstrasz- Second son of Asherystrasz - Not part of Heartwing

[Deceased] Asherystrasz - Retired leader of Heartwing
[Deceased] Hydrastrasz - Former Leader of Heartwing

Return to “Applications”