[Drake] Eir

If you are interested in joining the guild this is the topic to post your application. Make sure to have read the rules and the lore of Heartwing before posting.
Peachmist
Newcomer
Newcomer

[Drake] Eir

Post#1 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:49 am

Dragonflight: Netherwing
Dragon Name: Eir
Aliases: Melysrah Leypetal
Adulthood: Drake
Loyalty(-ies): Azeroth, The Netherwing
View of Heartwing: Eir is unaware that Heartwing is the name of the stalwart draconic warriors that assist in the worldwide epidemics affecting Azeroth. She is, however, aware that there are hidden heroes assisting the champions of Azeroth. Out of common goals to secure Azeroth, the drake has made it her mission to become an ally of theirs. She has become inspired to seek out Heartwing and has been busy following pieces of information from various locations where this organization has been seen.
Behaviour: Eir has the habit of being distant and aloof and sometimes can come off as being closed off from others upon first interaction. Over time, that shreds away to reveal her friendly and polite nature that ties into her desire to protect her new home and its inhabitants.
Key traits: + Self-Control, + Integrity, + Loyalty, + Determination | - Ambiguous, - Stubborn, - Aloof, - Impersonal
Respect for authority: Her ability to answer to authority comes from her ability to be able to trust and understand the individual first. While she is only five months, the Netherwing has come to understand the harsh reality of society and is well aware that her own kith is not trusted due to their origins. It is because of this fact alone that she finds difficulty in giving her trust in people, and if betrayed, it is almost impossible to earn it back. Once she has established a proper bond with the higher echelon, they can count on her being incredibly honest and loyal to them so long as it does not interfere with her own goals of keeping Azeroth from irreparable harm.
Character Personality: Eir's inability to be friendly and warm upon first encounters involves her being paranoid and cautious. Throughout her short lifespan the drake has learned that dragons are not welcomed by the general public and tend to be feared more times than not. This lasting lesson has morphed her general encounters with everyone she meets and although she does not mean it, she is distant and cold. Her paranoia stems from her origins. The Netherwing is only half-corporeal and the energies of the twisting nether have made her naturally incapable of rationalizing thought without study. She is continuously analyzing every gesture and motive of those she interacts with to determine whether they are a friend or foe.

The drake's cautiousness brings out her attentiveness to detail. She holds onto every word spoken and assesses people with the expectation of betrayal and prejudice until proven otherwise. Eir is not entirely hindered from seeing the good in others, and it is proven that for her the actions of others speak louder than words. When she learns to trust, she shows unrestricted tenacity to protect them. The Netherwing may confide in them and even leave herself open for others to divulge confidences within. As trust is earned, she gradually reveals herself to be kind-hearted and friendly.

Eir is considered an earnest person but may lower this in front of those she cares for. The youngling's honesty is something to take note of, as she does not often lie nor feel the need to obscure her opinions from the ears of others. This does not make her outright rude, however, as she relates these within a respectful manner.
Hobbies: Botany, magical studies, and travelling.
Character progression goal(s): The goal I have in mind for Eir involves her making a fulfilling life, with plenty of adventures and heroism involved to see her progression involve all around. She is still incredibly young, and is malleable to those around her. I can see Eir becoming either a hero or a villain as time progresses for her so long as the story is great.
Common spells: Netherbreath (Similar to a dragon breathing fire, except it is of nether energies) Nether Ward (The ability to reflect harmful spells) Nether Portal (A portal opened to the Nether)
Prestige spells: Great Spellbreak (Physical attacks all count as spell break attempts, it will also momentarily to prevent them from casting spells for about a few seconds.) Arcane Sight (Similar to Spectral Sight without as much potency. Able to see magical trails and auras, the Netherwing can see what magic is most prominent and detect spell effects on a singular person at a time.) Nether Disjunction (A burst of energy that works similar to a mass dispell, with the side affect of cancelling magical effects within the 25-yard radius) Magic Consumption (Due to the nether dragons being heavily entwined with nether energy, most simple and weaker spells will simply be absorbed by the nether dragons body, the body will then take the energy of the spell and add it to that of the nether dragon temporarily, if the nether dragon takes time to focus they can absorb spells of greater caliber.) Spell Resistence (Resistent to magical spells but not outright immune. They hit for 60% of the power.) Phase Shift (An ability where they can shift into the nether temporarily, if it is used too many times the nether dragon will experience painful drawbacks both physical and mental.)
Character most challenged at: Eir feels challenged when it comes to encountering the unknown. She has a natural innate fear towards it. This often is shown when she meets new people.
Backstory Summary: Born from a recent clutch of eggs from the Patriarch Neltharaku and his mate Karynaku, Eir was taken from the Outlands by a small Warband of Dragonmaw back into Azeroth. There the Warband had settled back inside the mountainous regions of Redridge. It was there that the Warband was discovered by humans. They were raided and their camp was destroyed, leaving only wreckage of fire and smoke with Eir's egg hidden within the rubble. Weeks went by without the egg being disturbed until a rogue garbed in black and brown rummaged through the remnants.

Drawn by the magical aura given off from the egg, the figure found Eir and took her back to be sold on the black market within the Uncrowned headquarters in the Underbelly. Thought to be petrified remnants, no one suspected the egg would hatch. It was left unchecked by the time Eir had managed to successfully get out of her egg. By then she had listened and earned enough knowledge of her surroundings and new world.

The whelp disguised herself as a blood elf, but the nether energies coursing throughout her body made the guise unnatural. With pinkish tones of flesh, her eyes weren't a notable green. They adopted a pearlescent illumination that made her appearance unique. She safely made it out of the underground base and quickly delved into the world of Azeroth. Throughout her travels, she had discovered the heroism of those possibilities of similar nature to her own. Rumors at most, and mysterious were these vigilantes. Yet Heartwing, as they called themselves, became her muse and she aspired to protect Azeroth based on the legends due to their actions.

While the Champions have been busy fighting on Argus, Eir has been assisting in combating the smaller invasions throughout Azeroth while in pursuit of Heartwing and has begun to hone the abilities that allow her to be considered combat-ready. Now at five months of age, the whelp has turned into a drake and is preparing to embark onto the journey to Argus in her conjoined fight to defeat the main threat to Azeroth.

She just has a few pit stops first...
First time at dragon roleplay? This is my second time roleplaying a dragon or being involved with their roleplay.
(IC) Reason to join: Their actions have proven in the past on a multitude of occasions to coincide with her own goals in protecting their world.
(OOC) Reason to join: I am not a big fan of public phase RP as it is oftentimes randomized. I enjoy a good plot and storyline. I also really enjoy the lore involving the dragonflights and would like to be apart of a guild that deals with that.
Timezone/Availability My timezone is MST, and I am free anytime from 10 am - 3 pm before work. Wednesday through Saturday.
Are you aware of the guild rules, the content of the Tome of Ancient Times forum and the lore of your dragonflight?: Yes I have.
Have you understood current timeline of Heartwing?: Somewhere before BfA maybe?
Do you fully understand the lore of your dragonflight, and other essential lore information: Yes I do.
Is your real life age over the age of 13?: I am 23 years old.

Asherystrasz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: [Drake] Eir

Post#2 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:19 pm

Hello Eir,

I am Asherystrasz, guild leader of Heartwing and I've personally assigned myself to review your application.

To give a rundown of what each color coding means.
Red means something that is not acceptable and needs to be changed before entering the guild.
Yellow is something that needs to be elaborated or is questionable.
Green means something we highly approve of and should set an example.

Dragon Name: Eir
This seems a bit unusual of a dragon name. Usually Netherwing's names ends in -aku, to us in Heartwing, the endings of the name is akin to saying "Aerdran of the Red Dragonflight", which is why we always have our dragon names, even if hasn't been explicitly given. This isn't required to change, I just want to make sure this is known.
Oh months. Yes, sorry. Our application system isn't used to support months.
Character Personality: Eir's inability to be friendly and warm upon first encounters involves her being paranoid and cautious. Throughout her short lifespan the drake has learned that dragons are not welcomed by the general public and tend to be feared more times than not. This lasting lesson has morphed her general encounters with everyone she meets and although she does not mean it, she is distant and cold. Her paranoia stems from her origins. The Netherwing is only half-corporeal and the energies of the twisting nether have made her naturally incapable of rationalizing thought without study. She is continuously analyzing every gesture and motive of those she interacts with to determine whether they are a friend or foe.

The drake's cautiousness brings out her attentiveness to detail. She holds onto every word spoken and assesses people with the expectation of betrayal and prejudice until proven otherwise. Eir is not entirely hindered from seeing the good in others, and it is proven that for her the actions of others speak louder than words. When she learns to trust, she shows unrestricted tenacity to protect them. The Netherwing may confide in them and even leave herself open for others to divulge confidences within. As trust is earned, she gradually reveals herself to be kind-hearted and friendly.

Eir is considered an earnest person but may lower this in front of those she cares for. The youngling's honesty is something to take note of, as she does not often lie nor feel the need to obscure her opinions from the ears of others. This does not make her outright rude, however, as she relates these within a respectful manner.
This is really good!

While the Champions have been busy fighting on Argus, Eir has been assisting in combating the smaller invasions throughout Azeroth while in pursuit of Heartwing and has begun to hone the abilities that allow her to be considered combat-ready. Now at five months of age, the whelp has turned into a drake and is preparing to embark onto the journey to Argus in her conjoined fight to defeat the main threat to Azeroth.
We're still preparing for the assault on Argus. Which means landfall hasn't been made yet.

Other than this. I am pleased to let you know, that your character's application has been accepted into Heartwing.

Please contact the administration by adding us on Discord at (Goose#3297 (Ofek) or Jes#0001 (me)), this will give you an invite to our Discord and also then coordinate a point in which we can invite you to the guild in-game.

Thank you so much for your time in applying to Heartwing,
- Asherystrasz
[Alive] Aerenstrasz - Leader of Heartwing
[Alive] Aerdranstrasz - Child of Aeren
[Alive] Azraelstrasz- Second son of Asherystrasz - Not part of Heartwing

[Deceased] Asherystrasz - Retired leader of Heartwing
[Deceased] Hydrastrasz - Former Leader of Heartwing

Return to “Applications”