[Matured Dragon] Lythaera

If you are interested in joining the guild this is the topic to post your application. Make sure to have read the rules and the lore of Heartwing before posting.
Lythaera
Newcomer
Newcomer

[Matured Dragon] Lythaera

Post#1 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:16 am

Dragonflight: Green Dragonflight
Dragon Name: Lythaera
Aliases: Lythae
Adulthood: Matured Dragon
Loyalty(-ies): Her loyalties are with Azeroth and the dream.
View of Heartwing: Lythaera thrives on learning, knowledge is her power.
She sees Heartwing as something even bigger than her flight, a gathering like no other. Where dragon kin can come together, protect each other and work towards our similar interests.
Behaviour: As a dragon of the Green Dragonflight, Lythaera is approachable. She is open to everyone and rarely becomes aggressive unless nature is threatened.
She is fond of all people who are allies of Azeroth and of the dream, she does favour druids as she sees them as the planets strongest ally.
Lythaera doesn't know much of the people living on Azeroth, she wants to learn who they are and what drives them to live.
Key traits: Lythaera is unafraid of challenges and willing to take risks. Although open to mortals, she does secretly think of herself as superior to them.
Respect for authority: Lythaera respects authority when it comes to those older and wiser than her. She is in no denial that there will always be a stronger, wiser and more powerful dragon than her, but it's her green kin ways to understand this and learn from them.
Character Personality: A calm dragon, a watcher more than a talker. Formal, elegant and standing tall that she is a protector of the dream.
She cares less for arguments or confrontation, but if the dream was at threat of being corrupted or destroyed her dragon fury and rage would be overwhelming.
She is an observer, intrigued by others and Azeroth itself.
Hobbies: While awake, Lythaera enjoys traveling across Azeroth getting to know the world, its towns, there smells, its people. She makes observations about them, makes a note and is intrigued by the world she tends to have little part of but plays a big part of protecting.
Character progression goal(s): To learn more, to age her more as more knowledge she gains. To pass it down and become an elder.
Common spells: Poison breath - Lythaera in dragon form takes a deep breath in and unleashes poison on her target. Intoxicating them, leading to dying a slow and painful death. | Dreamers rage - Lythaera breaths out a devestating gas that desolves her target.
Prestige spells: Sacrifice - In rare cases, Lythaera while only in dragon form can transfer life from the surrounding green area to a living soul to heal them.
Character most challenged at: While studying the citizens of Azeroth she struggles to understand their mortal wars and conflicts.
Backstory Summary: Lythaera spends her days watching a higher plane of existence known as the Emerald Dream.

During the battle of Grim Batol she was awoken by the dragon aspect Ysera, she would play as one of many agents for the green dragonflight relaying information on Alexstasza's wear abouts and the Orcish horde activity back to the Mistress of Dreams.
This would be a starting point for Lythaera and the green dragonflight taking a more active role in the world.

Awoken from her dream once more, the third war saw Lythaera investigate and guard the remains of the sunwell. She would be one of the dragons who thought that the skull of Anasterian would be the artifact to restore the Sunwell.

She would sleep during the emerald nightmare to protect the dream from the corruption assaulting the core of the emerald dream.
She would be the forefront of guarding her home, destroying the corrupted beings.
She would be later called on again to do the same during the nightmare.
She has been awake since, wanting to know more about Azeroth its people and what strives them to live.
First time at dragon roleplay? First time
(IC) Reason to join: As Azeroth is ever finding herself in danger, and dragon kin get thinner across the board, working together is the best option.
She wants to join something even bigger than her flight, she wants to push herself to learn more and do more for Azeroth.
Because of her absence from Azeroth, she thinks she will learn more about Azeroth from heartwing than she ever could alone.
(OOC) Reason to join: Be part of a guild that involves community but creatures I've always found fascinating. I hope you guys are patient while I learn dragon lore of wow and be part of your rp which would be fun while educational.
I'm always open to my character having adjustments in her lore, so any feedback would be great.
Timezone/Availability GMT+0
6PM - 7PM every other day
More often than this if needed at the moment.
Are you aware of the guild rules, the content of the Tome of Ancient Times forum and the lore of your dragonflight?: Yes
Have you understood current timeline of Heartwing?: Yes
Do you fully understand the lore of your dragonflight, and other essential lore information: Yes
Is your real life age over the age of 13?: Yes

Asherystrasz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: [Matured Dragon] Lythaera

Post#2 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:45 am

Hello Lythaera,

I am Asherystrasz, guild leader of Heartwing and I've personally assigned myself to review your application.

To give a rundown of what each color coding means.
Red means something that is not acceptable and needs to be changed before entering the guild.
Yellow is something that needs to be elaborated or is questionable.
Green means something we highly approve of and should set an example.

During the battle of Grim Batol she was awoken by the dragon aspect Ysera, she would play as one of many agents for the green dragonflight relaying information on Alexstasza's wear abouts and the Orcish horde activity back to the Mistress of Dreams.

This passage suggests to me, you directly relayed information to the Aspect of Dreams, which is a lore character, in which personal lore character interaction is not something we enjoy people have in their backstories.

Awoken from her dream once more, the third war saw Lythaera investigate and guard the remains of the sunwell. She would be one of the dragons who thought that the skull of Anasterian would be the artifact to restore the Sunwell.

This is considered RPG-lore of the dragonflights, which is considered non-canon. I heavily suggest not using in your backstory, as we do not consider the RPG-lore canon in Heartwing unless passages specificially stated as so.

I would like to know a bit more in the backstory summary, although I know it says summary, I would like to know what she did in the Nexus War, the Cataclysm and the Legion war, and what her role was in it. What was her challenges she faced and how did it alter her view on mortals and the world? How did she come to secretly think dragons are superior to mortals, is it because of all their wars and their bickering, or is it because of dragons' birthright of having a higher purpose given to them by the Pantheon?

Thank you so much for your time in applying to Heartwing. The backstory needs to be changed before I can approve this application, so for now I will put your application on pending, if you desire to correct the application with the comments I have mentioned, it will be very easy for it to become accepted. Please reply to this application when you've made the adjustments to your character's application.

Thanks,
~ Asherystrasz
Guild Leader of Heartwing
[Alive] Aerenstrasz - Leader of Heartwing
[Alive] Aerdranstrasz - Child of Aeren
[Alive] Azraelstrasz- Second son of Asherystrasz - Not part of Heartwing

[Deceased] Asherystrasz - Retired leader of Heartwing
[Deceased] Hydrastrasz - Former Leader of Heartwing

Lythaera
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post#3 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:19 pm

Backstory Summary

Lythaera was born and raised in the Emerald Dream, she is the youngest daughter and third child of her family.
She was told stories from a very early age of how important the Emerald Dream and Azeroth is to her kin, it inspired her very early on in life to become its defender.

She had a keen interest to train earlier than which is normal for her kin, others would relinquish their judgment of this after seeing how quickly Lythaera rejected their notions and become a strong and powerful warrior.
Alongside her normal studies of the dream, Azeroth, nature and magic she was fascinated by warfare and training.
She developed in all of these skills rapidly, quickly being bestowed the title of "Warden of the Dream" by her peers when she became of age.

She would spend her days protecting to watching a higher plane of existence.

The Battle of Grim Batol

During the battle of Grim Batol, Lythaera would play a role of an agent of the green dragons relaying information on Alexstrasza's wear abouts and activity of the Orcish horde to a mediator of the Green Dragonflight. She was furious that she wasn't tasked fighting on the front lines, she became careless in her mission because of it. Sure she would let her kin know any information she gathered about the dragon queens location but lacked information about the Orcs. She would later regret this, thinking that things could have come to an end quicker if she tried harder.

The Nexus War

The Green Dragonflight knew of Lythaera's frustration, she was told to help in the front-lines in Northrend during the Nexus War. She herds word of the Wyrmrest Accord and its alliance with the mortals of Azeroth. She saw the mortals fight against the blue dragons and thought of them as weak warriors and magic users. She would find blue dragons and put her green kin interests first by being diplomatic and compassionate first. Unfortunately, all blue dragons kept loyal with there flight, regrettably leading to Lytthaera having no choice but slaying each blue dragon she encountered.
Once Malygos was defeated, unrest between the dragons and mortals alike erupted. Lythaera would find unrest with the conversations and frustrations between them all and decide to sleep once more.

Cataclysm

Image Lythaera awoke to her kin in a pandemic of madness, Deathwing had changed the landscape of Azeroth forever.
Knowing of Thessera's capture and Ysondre's corruption, she felt best fitted at Mount Hyjal with mortals she respected and battle alongside them destroying the firelord's minions. Alysra would betray those defending Hyjal, Lythaera would later regroup at the Gates of Sothann and finish off fire minions before returning to a deep slumber.

Legion

Image The legion invasion would change Lythaera forever, tasked to fightback the nightmare in the dream. Although successfully taking down many followers of Xavius, there was a never-ending influx of his minions alongside corruption spreading, she fought back hard after finding out the death of Ysera but too her surprise the corruption kept spreading and her enemy kept flooding her home.
She was relieved to see champions of Azeroth fighting back and it was actually working. In the aftermath and dream was scarred, Lythaera did some reflecting. Perhaps she was too hard on the mortal race, perhaps she concentrated too hard on fighting and battling in the forefront.

Battle for Azeroth

She stepped back from fighting, decided to travel the world of Azeroth and just talk to people. See Azeroth, smell Azeroth, experience Azeroth and its peoples. She has more respect for the mortal race, but still sees herself as superior, she feels like it's her dragon right and cannot understand the conflict between the Horde and the Alliance, the destruction and brake down of Azeroth because of the wars between both factions. She feels like they're unnecessary wars when truly they should be focused on the planet they both share.

Why does Lythaera want to join Heartwing?

As Azeroth is ever finding herself in danger, and dragonkin get thinner across the board, working together is the best option.
She wants to join something even bigger than her flight, she wants to push herself to learn more and do more for Azeroth. She has only observed the world and its people as of late, but she now thinks the world needs more protection and more allegiances. She heard whispers of Heartwing, their interests and their goals. Everything she finds aligns with her and her kin.

Although Lythaera is a silent individual, she is a strong dragon. She has a keen interest in the people of Azeroth at the moment. She has a bias towards druids and favourites them because of her teachings but she is open to all people of Azeroth as long as they are allies.
Although her hobbies was once practising her fighting skills, her hobbies are now travelling and learning, reading and observing. She has spent so long being a furious fighter, after seeing the champions of Azeroth fight for her home, she wants to learn more about them and their cultures.

Asherystrasz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#4 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:06 pm

Hello!

Thanks for your fast reply on your application.

I enjoyed reading Lythaera's story of the recent events in Azeroth history. The only thing I have of note is to inform you we're currently in Post-7.2 timeline, which means we are preparing ourselves for the assault on Argus and therefore is not in the Battle for Azeroth timeline yet.

Other than that, I think your recent post has given enlightment and clarified my comments. For that, I am pleased to let you know that your application has been accepted.

Please contact the administration by adding us on Discord at (Goose#3297 (Ofek) or Jes#0001 (me)), this will give you an invite to our Discord and also then coordinate a point in which we can invite you to the guild in-game.

Thank you so much for your time in applying to Heartwing,
- Asherystrasz
[Alive] Aerenstrasz - Leader of Heartwing
[Alive] Aerdranstrasz - Child of Aeren
[Alive] Azraelstrasz- Second son of Asherystrasz - Not part of Heartwing

[Deceased] Asherystrasz - Retired leader of Heartwing
[Deceased] Hydrastrasz - Former Leader of Heartwing

Return to “Applications”